Saturday 4 November 2017

Sharon's Week 44: Dear Mother Nature

Would it kill you to send us some sun???

I know that I complained about the weather last week but seriously, it has not improved!  On Sunday we had a few hours of sun early in the morning but it has been grey and gloomy with rain and snow ever since then.  I am thankful that I had caffeinated coffee Sunday morning and as a result was feeling restless, because that made me get out with the camera to take advantage of the lovely light.  I should have headed out again later when the sun started to set (it was not great but there was at least what could be called a sunset) but I was comfy and stayed in.  That was a bad decision since "sunset" was on the list this week and the sun has not put in another appearance.  Last night I texted Pam and suggested that we switch with a topic from next week.  Here's hoping the sun comes out really soon because we also have sunrise on the list next week.  Fingers and toes crossed.

Here we go with the photos...

layered
The St. Mary's River is running very high these days.  Half of the trails at Whitefish Island are closed from flooding and have been since the beginning of the summer.  It's unfortunate because the flooded part really is a nice part of the park.  Anyway, when Pam and I walked there last Sunday, there was fog on the river and creepy clouds in the sky.  I really liked the layered look in this photo.

7
There was some awesome light in a little alcove by the side of the trail.  Pam was patiently (or impatiently, I don't know) waiting for chickadees to land on the moss covered branches and I was just standing there trying to attract them with birdseed in my hand.  I was there long enough to find this 7 in the trees.

unusual
I needed a few thing at the Bulk Barn last night and I came across these Jelly Belly "icicle jelly beans."  I thought that they were quite unusual.  I haven't yet tried them...I wonder if they taste cool and minty.  

C
I recently found a website that has a whole bunch of recipes for homemade donuts.  I bought a donut pan and decided to start with this one.  It is called an apple crumb yum donut.  It was okay but not fantastic...I wouldn't call it yum.

starts with L
I tried to photograph a lime in fizzy water again but for some reason it wouldn't work today.  No matter what I did, I couldn't get the bubbles in focus.  Maxine called while I was doing this and she broke out the dictionary to help with alternate L words.  While she was listing off words that I didn't think I could photograph this afternoon, I noticed all the bubbles at the bottom of the container.  I pointed the camera at them instead and Maxine found a word basically meaning "lots."  I cannot for the life of me remember what the word was but lots also starts with L so here you are...lots of bubbles.

guilty pleasure
I love a Saturday when I can spend lots of time with a good book and a yummy cup of tea.  I am also pretty happy to be wearing my Smartwool socks during this damp and icky weather.  I can tell you with certainty that it takes exactly ten seconds to press the shutter, sit on the couch, pick up and open the book, cross my legs and try to look relaxed all while not spilling my cinnamon rooibis chai tea.

wild card
We have had a few frosty mornings lately.  This is from the only morning that also had some sun.

Have a great extra hour of sleep tonight!  I am curious to find out if my new vehicle, with all of its automatic features, knows about the time change and will change the time itself.  I really hope so because if not, it will likely take me at least 15 minutes to figure it out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment