Saturday 6 May 2017

Donna's Week 18 - Spring




Rain is the theme of this week.  I was so excited by the 24 hours we had with no rain, that I stayed up all night, so as not to waste it.  Four of the seven pics below were taken then.  Enjoy!


Spring

A sure sign of spring, bee hives in pollinating orchards.




Long

This is the Transamerica Pyramid  building in downtown San Francisco.  I took it while moving on the open air bus.  The top is a long way up! 




With Flash

Boy I had to look hard to find a picture I shot with a flash! Then I found this beauty of Caden driving the tow motor at the greenhouse.  He is so his father's son!




Z

Ok, so I had trouble sleeping one night this week and somewhere around 4 am I decided screw this,  I am going to take pictures.  I have driven by this greenhouse all winter thinking it would be cool to try and photograph it.  The greenhouse grows herbs, mostly basil, and has been experimenting with LED lighting.  The colours are so pretty, although I am not sure I would think so if I lived next door!  I am very happy with how my shots turned out.  I have more to show you set aside for next weeks topics.  For now we are going with the fact that if you turn your head a little to the left, the roof line of the greenhouse looks like a row of "Z's"


 


Spiral

This was last fall's colours from Hiawatha in the Sault. Moving the zoom lens during a slow shutter speed makes this cool twisty, spiral effect.




Budding

These are the last of this year's peach blossoms.  I like the escarpment as a backdrop. 






Wildcard

Sunrise this past Thursday.




Have a Great Week!

2 comments:

  1. What a great week! That greenhouse looks cool and I love the spiral effect of Hiawatha though I feel a little seasick after looking at it for too long! Those peach blossoms are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your sleep but it had a great side effect! That's an awesome shot of Caden. Is he always that happy? Love all the colours of your late night/early morning adventure.

    ReplyDelete