Friday 26 May 2017

Pam's Week 19: My Star on Hollywood Boulevard...

I realize that I am posting late but you will have to forgive me as I just returned from vacation on Tuesday night, well, early Wednesday morning to be exact, and it's been a crazy week since my return.  I did intend to keep up this blog well away, however, I also decided to reinstate my travel blog for the vacation and just could not find the time to write two blogs.

I will also readily admit that most of these photos were not carefully planned to fit into the week's topics but rather examined after they were all uploaded to the computer to determine which ones may work with the given topics.  As a result, some of the interpretations may be even more creative or farfetched than usual.  Since art is completely subjective, though, there are no wrong answers!

Here goes....

A Circle

This is one of the topics I was able to remember while on our adventures so I actually took photos of multiple circles.  Here are a couple of my favourites:

 A view through the porthole of the Finding Nemo Submarine Ride at Disneyland

 The Ferris Wheel at Newport Beach

The circular window on this house in Newport Beach caught my eye.

A Pop of Colour

While researching things for us to do while we were on our vacation, I came across a street in Long Beach that had Jacaranda Trees lining both sides of the street, forming a tunnel.  It looked amazing but alas, Robert's aunt broke it to me upon our arrival that people who live there actually hate the trees because the flowers or sap apparently ruin their cars and make a huge mess.  I was so disappointed but was quite pleased to still find the trees growing all over, offering a "pop of colour" in the midst of all the luscious greenery.


Starts with H

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out which picture might fit this topic before I just had an "a-ha" moment as I typed in the title.  

Huntington Beach Pier!  



Hollywood!

Hogwarts!


Hogsmeade!


Motherhood

This may not be a creative interpretation but let's face it, these two are the reason I am a mother.  I guess I can't take responsibility for this photo either since I am in it but I think it captures one of the things I think of when I think of motherhood - making memories, spending time together, and having fun.



Multicoloured

Is it just me or did Sharon assign a lot of "colour" photos this week?  This one was a no brainer for me as while in Vegas, we spent time in what may just be Danica's favourite store of all time.  It was floor to ceiling colour!




Green

Now I feel like a bit of a liar having said that I didn't actually attempt to take photos to fit the topics but did it the other way around as I now realize that I did try to find photographic moments that were assignment-appropriate.  On the way to Vegas, there were such lush, green mountains.  Unfortunately, the photo taken from the window of the moving vehicle doesn't quite do them justice.


En route, we detoured through the Mojave National Preserve. It was stunning.



Wildcard

There are so many photos that could be included as a wildcard this week....I decided to use two...The first was taken on a day when we drove along the Pacific Coast Highway.  We stopped at Aliso Beach for a picnic lunch, in spite of the cold.  This house perched atop this cliff just appealed to me.  Actually, I think it was the cliff I was particularly attracted to.


While driving through the Mojave National Preserve, we stopped at the Kelso Depot which is an old train station.  It was a beautiful building but I really liked the desert through these arches.



Two more weeks and I will be caught back up!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that wall of M&Ms!! And so many H words - jealous mostly of the Harry Potter ones. Awesome photos and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Pam, looks like an amazing trip. My favourites are the desert through he arch and the Ferris wheel picture. Sharon shared with me the Johnny Depp and the Orlando Bloom pictures, both way up there on my top 10 list.

    ReplyDelete