Sunday 28 May 2017

Sharon's Week 21: Beautifully Blooming

Good Sunday morning.  It looks like it will be a rainy one so I am glad I got to enjoy so much of it outside yesterday.  It began with a sunrise trip to Whitefish Island.  After lunch, Pam and I spent some time at Bellevue Park with Riya and after supper I headed out to St. Joe's Island to stalk the trilliums.  I luckily evaded any sunburn but sadly I was food for the blackflies and I have a few bites that make me look like I have had an encounter with a vampire.  Let me just brag for a moment about how productive I was yesterday...in between all my photography outings, I got groceries and made some very yummy stuffed peppers, a crock pot full of sesame pulled chicken and a decadent apple berry crumble.  

Today will likely be lazy as I have to prepare myself to work a five day week.  I know, I know, that's what everybody works but due to a weird coincidence of my surgery, a few stat holidays, my every-other-Fridays off and a couple of vacation days, I haven't worked a full Monday to Friday week since the middle of February.  That might, perhaps, explain why I am so far behind with my paperwork.

Let's get on to the photos so I can get on to my laziness...

car detail
My friend Carol has a gorgeous old truck.  I am not going to try to tell you what it is because I never can remember (cars are not my thing).  It's a beautiful colour with some really cool shapes and I always smile when I see it driving around (which would NOT be on a rainy day).  I stopped by her place the other night and although I had high expectations of the ideas in my mind, I couldn't make them work.  I do like the angle in this photo of the truck but it isn't really a detail shot.

hair
I harassed Levi all week, telling him that I was needing to take a picture of his hair.  He kept telling me that cats have hair.  I insisted that cats have fur and we never did come to agreement on that.  I did convince him to let me put a ponytail in his hair a take a quick photo but I prefer this photo.  My dad loves dandelions so this is for him.  I think the anthers (if that's what they are) look like spiky hair.  The background is blurred forget-me-nots.

For those of you who haven't seen him for a while, this is Levi's hair currently.  It is long not because he prefers it that way but rather because he doesn't care at all and in the absence of haircuts, this is what you get.

E
Looking up into the trees to check for bald eagles, I saw this.  I want to go back and check how many of my letter pictures are found in trees - I'll wait until the end of this project, count and let you know.

silly
I had absolutely no ideas for this - zip, zilch, nada!  Then on Thursday I was talking with one of my younger students and I called him a silly goose.  Voila, an idea.  This teenager goose was at Bellevue Park yesterday.  It wasn't doing anything silly but it is a goose.

flower
I love trillium season for it's beauty but unfortunately it coincides with blackfly season.  My Deep Woods Off didn't keep them away, it just made me smell like bug spray.  The light shining through from the back of the flower was so pretty.

curves
When I arrived at the Island yesterday morning (5:50 by the way), there was a rainbow over the bridge.  It's pretty faded here but if you look carefully you can see a bit of the rainbow reflected in the pond in the bottom left of the photo.

wild card
The Canada 150 tulips at Bellevue Park are in full bloom.  Here are two views of some of them.


And finally, we have a pretty boring shot (the sun went behind the clouds and refused to reappear) of one of my favourite views on the Island.  Millions and millions of forget-me-nots line the walking paths.

See ya next week.

1 comment:

  1. Your wildcards are my ultimate faves this week. Love that path at Whitefish and the trillium is pretty. I also love your tulip shots. Creative interpretation of hair too - I like it! Great week!

    ReplyDelete