Sunday 21 May 2017

Donna's Week 20 - Inspired




I took all of this week's pictures this week.  Sharon is such an inspiration.  It has been so great to see her.   Talking time catching up, some great food,  a thousand photo's later and we spent all rainy day Sunday watching movies and editing pictures.  A perfect weekend.

Music

When I read this topic, I was originally thinking of some tulips that I saw blowing in the wind.  The movement looked like visual music, but when I went back to photograph the tulips, the wind was gone as well as most of the petals.  I tried to find other pictures of movement, but none of them worked.  So when Sharon looked up at this tree to take a picture, I took one too!  Apparently if the branches are thick enough and the wind is strong enough, you can take a slow shutter speed shot, and only the leaves move, creating a cool musical picture, like this one.  



Leading Lines

"Leading line" is a photographic composition term that describes how the eye naturally follows lines. In theory, these lines bring the viewer into your picture and lead them to something interesting.  This is kind of a literal interpretation of the concept.



Pastel

These cool pastel picnic tables are scattered in a field at a strip mall in Niagara on the Lake.  




N

This 365 day photo project has many letters in it.  From now on all letters will be taken at the grain elevator.  While I was looking for this "N", I think I found every other letter!!!



Hooded

So there were so many options for this topic:  hooded mergansers, fume hoods at my work, hoody sweaters,  car hoods,  Caspian terns (seagull like birds with black coloured hoods),  and uncircumcised male body parts!  This hooded sprayer was the best picture I could get!!



Baby Animal

So curious, so cute!



Wild Card 1

A more or less subtle leading lines image.  The clouds point to the sun's rise location.




Wild Card 2

This little guy was making beautiful music.


Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

  1. The little sparrow is my favourite! Your picnic tables are so much better than any I took. Awesome photos and tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of the picnic tables and the sunrise is stunning. My fave is the calf though. Great week!

    ReplyDelete