Saturday 3 June 2017

Sharon's Week 22: Old MacDonald Had a Farm...

I find myself at a loss for a topic of conversation this evening.  I could just get right on to the photos but then there'd be a problem with my project photobook...there would be a big blank spot where words are supposed to be.  If you know me, you know that I can't have that.

I guess I could tell you that I survived my five day work week.  It seemed to take forever to pass but pass it finally did and I was able to get some things accomplished that had been waiting for quite a long time.

I wasn't very motivated with my photography early in the week, likely because of the rainy and dull weather.  Then on Thursday when it was finally nice, I had to stay home to wait for two different landscapers who were supposed to come by for quotes.  When neither one showed by 8:00, I tried to make myself head out with Hermione but I was unsuccessful.  She did not come out until Friday afternoon.  Thankfully the weather was still nice.

run
I wanted to practice panning while someone was running but I couldn't think of anyone who would be willing to run back and forth in front of me so I asked Fergus if he would do it.  Maxine translated and he agreed.  Lesson learned: 1/320th of a second is not a fast enough shutter speed to get a clear shot of a running dog.  I took 75 photos.  I kept five and they're not as clear as I would like.  Anyway, here is Fergus running after a tennis ball.

And here he is showing off his beautiful feathers (I think that's what that beautiful long fur is called).

through a fence
Pam and I went to Farmer Bob's to take some photos after work yesterday.  When we arrived, we were the only vehicle and I wondered why.  Then we got out of the car and I knew...blackflies by the millions.  We lasted maybe a half hour then escaped.  Driving away, we kept killing the buggers who escaped with us.  I killed even more today and I don't feel at all bad about it.  This young pig was bothered by the bugs too.  He was scratching his whole body against the rough fence.

starts with C
As Pam and I were driving out to Farmer Bob's, I told her I had just finished photographing the apple blossoms for my spring photobook.  I mentioned that I had tried hard to come up with a way to make apple blossoms start with C.  Easy as you please, she said, "Aren't they crab apples?"  Why yes, yes they are.  Here are some crab apple blossoms.

a bridge
This gave me trouble.  You have seen our International Bridge about a kazillion times (I really do like it) so I wanted to do something different.  I thought of a really scenic stone bridge that I drive past when driving East and looked for it on my way to Elliot Lake on Thursday.  I missed it completely so I texted Maxine to see if she remembered where exactly it is so I could photograph it on my way back.  Apparently my beautiful bridge is beyond the Elliot Lake turnoff.  I couldn't think of any other scenic bridges so I headed to Whitefish Island.  The International Bridge is here but I focused instead on the train bridge.

hanging
I have a gorgeous bleeding heart plant hidden where nobody sees it so I decided to sacrifice several stalks for a vase.  I have badly behaved cats so I can't have pretty flowers at my place (they will eat the flowers then throw up the flowers and they're not as pretty then).  I brought them out to my mom.  Here they are.

3
As I was frantically waving blackflies out of my face at Farmer Bob's, I noticed moose antlers hanging on the side of his house and I found a 3!

wild card
These tulips caught my eye because of the uncommon combination of colours - I have never seen a yellow and pink tulip before - and because the yellow made them look like they were glowing.  These tulips are at the Administration Building at Whitefish Island.

That's that until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Love that pig - he is so cute! I like how you went after a different bridge angle. I adore the pic of Fergus running and as usual, your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete