Wednesday 12 July 2017

Sharon's Week 27: I'll Have a Double Double

"Finally!"  My mother is probably saying.  I have excuses why I am late this week but they're not going to make me look good - oh well, if you're reading this, you are friend or family so you probably understand anyway.

I was in Windsor on the weekend and when I went to put my photos for the week onto the computer and process them, I found that I did not have the computer cord with me.  I tried one of Anne's that seemed to fit but Lightroom worked at the speed of a dying snail and I couldn't make myself keep going.  When the computer is not plugged in, it runs in energy saving mode and there's not enough light in the screen to see the photos properly so I gave up on that too.  Now that I write that, I think that there's probably a setting that can change those settings.  Oops!  As it turns out, when I got home and saw that the cord wasn't in my house, I looked in my suitcase and there it was...it had fallen into the laundry section of my case and was with me all the time.  Oops again!  And I was busy Monday (book club in Batchawana) and Tuesday (last minute errands) so here I am on Wednesday finally getting the post up.

The ideas came easily this week...the execution not so much.  In the end I was happy with the choices I made until I looked at this coming week's topics and realized that I could have used these ideas for most of the upcoming ones (hence this week's title).  Grrr.  I am idea-less so far this week and quickly running out of time.  Fingers crossed...

abstract in nature
The first photo I took for this topic is now my wild card and I'll explain it at the end.  When I stopped in at Katherine Cove on my way back from Timmins, this photo jumped out at me.  I just really liked the shiny lines of sun reflecting on the water and the dark wavy lines of sand beneath.

fruit
I tried lots of photos of a bowl of strawberries that we picked up at a farmer's market but they weren't doing it for me.  Then I had the brilliant idea of having a drink out by the pool and voila!

A
This is the shadow of part of a climbing structure in a little playground on the Windsor waterfront.

on the beach
This is the reason I stopped at Katherine Cove.   It was a beautiful sunny and warm day so I spent a little time enjoying the beach.

summer
When I realized that we would be in Windsor during this week, I immediately thought of a photo of Levi jumping into the pool.  He had other ideas and I ended up having to bribe him.  I hope he enjoys his new Vanguard cards.

fast
Now I know that this looks like the exact opposite of fast but this little girl (Trixie) is very fast when she decides she wants to escape into the great outdoors.  Luckily we had no incidents on the weekend.

wild card
I was looking out the patio doors and my friends' place in Timmins and this face was staring back at me.  Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

And here is one disappointing photo from the American fireworks on July 4th.  I don't know what was wrong but the fireworks were really underwhelming (even though I tried hard not to compare them to the ones in Timmins on Canada Day).  The lights disappeared quickly because of the wind I think and something is up with either my camera or my tripod because many of my photos ended up really blurry.  Oh well, I get three chances again next year.

And that's that.  I am not likely going to get this coming week's blog up by the time I leave on Friday and I don't think I'll be able to get anything done while I am in China so I'll say so long for now.  See you again in August.

1 comment:

  1. I was sure I commented on this post previously but clearly I didn't. That drink by the pool really appeals to me this week; hopefully I will have a couple of those next week at my brother's! That face in the fence post is pretty cool - great catch. As always, I love your firework photos. Good week!

    ReplyDelete