Saturday 9 December 2017

Sharon's Week 49: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Finally we have some decent snow!  I'm sure Levi isn't happy about that since he is the sole shoveller this year.  With my shoulder and elbow the way they are, all I can manage is to push the snow off of the steps...the rest is up to him. I suspect that the driveway will be a little shorter and a little narrower than usual since his stamina seems quite limited.  Oh, the days of a lazy teenager.

I can't believe that it is nearly the end of 2017.  The older I get, the faster time seems to pass and I don't like it.  Anyway, I'm slowly making plans for my food photography project (AKA cookbook) and slowly accumulating the odds and ends that I think I need.  What I really need to do is to sit down with all my cookbooks and recipes and decide which ones I want to include.  I think I have put off that job because it scares me...the sheer number of favourite recipes might be overwhelming to get completed in one year.  Time will tell, I guess.

On to this week's photos...

hat
Most of you know that Levi is a master at avoiding my camera so I didn't even try.  Instead, I borrowed his hat when I went out for an early morning walk at Fort Creek yesterday.  It was snowing so beautifully there was no way I could stay home.  I got a good workout as there were about eight inches of fresh powder on the trails and I was the first person out.  I almost could have used snowshoes.

hot drink
What better drink to have on a snowy day than hot chocolate with marshmallows and a bit of cinnamon?

candle
I have made a photo similar to this in the past but since 'tis the season, here's a variation on that theme.

abundance
Last Sunday I made a huge pan of roasted vegetables.  It turned out to be too much and in the end I had to toss a few that hadn't been eaten.

cookies
For my sister, lemon shortbread cookies.

reading
This stack of books is only part of the to-be-read pile on my bedside table.  I kind of indulged during my two trips to Sudbury (and therefore Chapters) this fall.

wild card
I don't think I have had a chickadee in this blog for a while so here is one.  If I am wrong, I apologize...my memory is faulty these days.

All caught up now.  See you next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment