Sunday 17 December 2017

Sharon's Week 50: Baby, It's Cold Outside

My title today describes the week we have had here.  Despite the minus teens and twenties, I managed to get out walking and snowshoeing most days (thanks, Maxine and Pam!).  I am thankful that I have re-discovered my drawer of high-tech outdoor clothing, particularly the long underwear...it has served it's purpose well.  Contrary to the fact that I WAS outside most days, all my photos were taken indoors, I guess because of the topics that were on the list.  As I look ahead to the final two weeks, it looks like most of those will be inside shots too.  Hmmm, I wonder if I did that on purpose thinking that I am a winter wimp?

Anyway, since I'm already a day late posting this, let's get on with it.

Here's a bonus photo that I love but couldn't fit into any of the topics...as I write this I realize that it could have been my wild card but I had something else picked out for that so let's call this wild card, part two.

prepare
When Christmas is coming, one of the things I enjoy least but is absolutely necessary to prepare for the big day is wrapping the gifts.  Pretty paper makes it a little more fun.

 candy cane
I got to doing this one yesterday and I realized that I have been photographing candy canes every year for several years and I struggled to come up with a new idea.  I think this might be something I haven't done before.

sparkly
I am hard pressed to find something sparkly in my house so I looked to the tree.  This ornament is something I picked up for Levi (obviously) at Bronner's several years ago when he was into knights and castles and stuff like that.  This knight has some sparkly bling on his armour.

0
When in doubt, look to the tree again...

red and green
Bulk Barn saves the day...yet again.

holiday tradition
There was no doubt in my mind about this one.  The decorating of the sugar cookies is a long time tradition in our family, yet no matter how many times we have done this, I seem to forget how much time it takes to get everything set up and then to clean up afterwards.  It's worth every second though.  This year Levi and his friend William did all the decorating.  This crazy cookie seems to be a new tradition Levi has begun for himself...the leaning tower of icing.

wild card
I love getting out the macro lens and finding interesting photos in the tree.

Here are some photos from Hiawatha yesterday.  It was chilly but so beautiful and sunny.



That's it for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment