Saturday 30 December 2017

Sharon's Week 51: Lights, Camera, Action!

I am feeling like I lost some momentum (again).  I had the photos completed last Saturday but haven't gotten around to putting them on the computer until now.  Week 52 photos are also complete and I'll get that post out tomorrow.  It's not like I haven't had time...I have been off work since the 21st and we've been home from Windsor since Christmas day.  I have been doing a bunch of running around and things that need doing in the house but I think that I have also been procrastinating because the photos are Christmassy and I am done with Christmas.  We had our turkey dinner on the 23rd when the family was all together so it was hard for me to remember that it was still the festive season for most people during the following few days.

Anyway, that's my excuse for not getting this post out until tonight.

wild card
I'm starting with this one because I love this photo.  Yoda is a large cat and a stubborn one, and thankfully he is very photogenic.  When I headed to bed one night, he was sleeping in the middle of my bed and wouldn't move.  I took advantage and photographed him but then I wanted to go to sleep.  I had to wiggle in beside him and squeeze my legs into the six inches of free space that he left for me.  Fortunately Anne came downstairs not too much later and Yoda wandered off to say hello.

red
Here is a red decoration (which, along with the rest of the Christmas decorations, was removed and packed away on Christmas day - I guess Anne was feeling like me).

G
I was sitting bored on my couch one day last week and decided to play with motion blur while focusing on the tree lights.  By chance in one frame, this multiple G appeared and since I had no other ideas and finding a random G somewhere was proving difficult, I went with it.

lights
I was hoping to photograph the amazing light show that Windsor put on in Jackson Park this year but we weren't able to go until Sunday night and since there was a bit of a snowstorm and we thought there'd be tons of people, I didn't bring my camera and tripod.  Turns out there were no crowds but the driving snow would have certainly interfered.  Instead, you get another motion blur photo of my tree.

festive
I think that Kahlua was feeling festive under the tree in my parents' part of the house.  She spent most of her time there.

tree
This is a small part of the tree in Anne's part of the house.  It was quite beautiful.

hands
I don't think my mom noticed that I took this photo and she is probably not happy about it but hear me out mom.  My mother has always made things...our clothes growing up, beautiful quilts for wedding gifts, wall hangings that adorn all of our homes, Halloween costumes galore, warm jammies for her grandchildren, afghans for any number of people...and the list goes on and on.  She finished most craft projects that I have begun over the years (because I started and never finished them - yes, I do know how to sew, knit, crochet, embroider - all because of my mom - but I don't really enjoy doing those things so I get excited about starting but lose the oomph and stop).  Anyway, when I was talking with my mom a few weeks ago she said that she wasn't able to knit because of the fact that she is having difficulty sitting for any length of time.  I immediately put my occupational therapy brain in gear and decided that I would come to the rescue and figure out how she could knit in the relative comfort of her recliner chair.  What a Christmas present that would be!  When I got to the house and went in to say hello, what was mom doing?  Knitting!  She figured it out herself without my brilliant intervention.  Huh.  In this photo she is finishing the ends on an afghan that she made for a friend of Anne's.  I am told that now, she and Anne are making fidget afghans for people with dementia.
So, although I think that mom is probably thinking that her hands look old in this photo (I have the same age spots), I think that they are absolutely beautiful.

That's it.  I'll be back tomorrow with the final 2017 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment