Sunday 8 October 2017

Sharon's Week 40: Let's Talk Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving!

I will start with my confession:  I blew it again this week...two of my photos were taken today.  I just couldn't get going during the week.  As a matter of fact I started thinking about not doing a project like this next year, that's how unmotivated I have been.  Then I got Hermione out Friday night and had fun doing the motion blur thing and I enjoyed photography all over again.  I don't know, maybe it is time for a break - this is my fourth year doing a daily or weekly photography challenge so it's getting hard to keep it fresh and come up with new ideas and ways to implement them.  You have seen me be lazy and put in a minimum of effort so maybe that's a sign.  Oh well, I have three months to think about that.

This Thanksgiving weekend has been great.  A lovely walk at Hiawatha started it off Friday night.  Then there was a lazy day reading on Saturday followed by turkey dinner at Pam's parents' place.  Dinner was followed by a rollicking game of Telestrations.  If you haven't heard of it, you should look it up, it's a hilarious game that can be played with a mix of all ages.  Today, I drove around to enjoy the colours (which have finally shown themselves) and to spend some time in my favourite place, Lake Superior Provincial Park.  All that, and we still have one more day off.  Yippee!

On to the photos...

repetition
I'm putting this one first because I know it will catch my friend William's eye.  William, I promise to make these again some time and you can try them.  I got this recipe from Anne, who does not mind working with raw meat.  I on the other hand, do.  As she was telling me how to make these, I knew it was going to be a challenge but they sounded yummy so I persevered.  I only washed my hands about ten or so times while making these, not after each strip of bacon like I feared.

abandoned building
This little shack is all by its lonesome on a back road somewhere behind Echo Bay.

sun flare
Pam and I arrived at Hiawatha at the perfect time Friday evening.  Five minutes later and the light on the shrubs was all gone.

sharp
The only idea I had for this was to photograph Pam's dad when he carved the turkey Saturday evening but I figured that Pam might also think of that and since he is Pam's dad, it would only be fair to let Pam do that photo.  So I chopped up some veggies which I then had to eat because I am not making a turkey soup.

starts with B
Blur starts with B.  There was one patch of sun left on the trees and I moved the camera up and down to get this effect.  I think it looks like a forest fire.

shadow
I took this photo this afternoon at Katherine Cove after I had my lunch and spent some time reading in the sunshine.

wild card
I found the perfectly coloured branches to try that spinny thing again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family and happy just-another-Monday to everyone else.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I was going to ask how the breadsticks turned out, but no need to… They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breadsticks were totally fabulous! As are this week's photos - great job, Sharon! I really like the colours in your blurry photos.

    ReplyDelete