Saturday 21 October 2017

Sharon's Week 42: Forever Autumn

What a difference a week can make.  Tonight my struggle is choosing between too many options, rather than trying to make lame photos at the last minute or trying to fit a photo I have to a topic on the list.  The upside of this is that I'm not feeling bad about my efforts this week and I have lots of photos to put into my project photobook.

I'm not really sure how that happened though, because I had a busy week.  However it came about, I'm glad it did because it seems to have eased my negative attitude a bit.  I think I might make it through this post without any deprecating comments or complaining.  Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air?

Here we go...

vanishing point
I knew exactly what I wanted for this photo when I saw the topic.  There's a road on St. Joe's Island that I frequent at different times of year...in May for the trilliums, in the summer for the overall beauty and in the fall for the colours.  I figured if I drove out there I would certainly find a spot where the road disappeared into the distance.  I made myself a cup of tea for the road and headed out in the rain sure that the heavens would cooperate and I was right.

sky
I found myself out at sunset on Tuesday and Wednesday but both times without my camera.  On Thursday when this amazing weather continued, I headed out to Pointe Des Chenes and arrived about two minutes before the sun hit the horizon.  When I was leaving after shooting the actual sunset and the colours in the western and eastern skies just following sunset, I turned around and saw this.  The scrubby trees aren't a very lovely silhouette but they are what was there, making this brilliant sky pop.

triangle
As soon as I saw this, I had a brilliant idea.  I love tamarack trees and I always think I need to find a way to photograph them, both in the summer when they are green and look so soft and in the fall when they turn a burning orange.  I've never done it but I figured since tamarack trees are triangle shaped, now would be the perfect opportunity.  I had a place on highway 17 in mind but when I got there on Thursday, the trees just didn't seem triangular.  I found some lone tamaracks later on the highway and took a few photos but I have chosen this one, which was taken on Airport Rd.

O
I think this wheel is more a circle than an O but really, depending on how you print, they could be the same.

soft
Sooooooooo soft is our little Cissy.

a book
A couple of weeks ago when I mentioned that I was considering whether or not to continue this sort of project next year, Maxine made an awesome suggestion.  She said I could combine my two loves: reading and photography, and photograph something related to each book I read next year.  I immediately thought it was a great idea but since then I have put a lot of thought into the idea, without success.  I tried really hard to come up with a photography idea for any of the three books I am currently reading (one real book, one on my ereader and one on audible) or any of the books I have read in the past month.  I came up with nothing!  I think that maybe my brain doesn't work that way.  So I went with the literal interpretation of this topic and got out a really, really long book (or series of books if you insist).  Now that they're out of their resting place, perhaps it's time to begin a re-read.

wild card
This is Mo.  My friends Heather and Dan got their daughter a dog for her graduation from teacher's college.  When they went to Southern Ontario to pick up the puppy, there was one other dog left from the litter.  The people convinced Sammi to take the second dog for free and it became Heather's dog.  She is a real sweetheart and since we had just taken her for a long walk in the bush, she was nice and tired and happy to stay still long enough for some photos.  

This is another photo of her that makes me laugh.  Does it remind anyone else of a painting of an aristocratic woman during the Renaissance?

Have a great Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. What sweet animals, but I LOVE. that pic of the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in your sunset are incredible and I love the lighting on your soft cat. Mo might be my favourites this week, though and I agree that she looks like a Renaissance woman in that last photo. Great week!

    ReplyDelete