Sunday 24 September 2017

Pam's Week 38: You Wanna Go Where People Know, Our Troubles are All The Same

You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name...

What a good TV show that was.  Can anyone name the show from the theme song's lyric?  A rather humorous aside - my second year in university, we had a 13 inch black and white TV and no cable.  You never really realize how much you want to watch TV until your options are so limited.  We happened to be able to get the one channel that televised this particular show - twice a day in syndication and 3 times a day on Thursdays when the new episodes aired.  If you guessed....

Cheers!

You would be right!  So when I saw this topic, I immediately thought of clinking together of glasses full of alcoholic beverages.  Since that wasn't happening this particular week, I thought a picture of a cute bartender doing his thing a la Tom Cruise in Cocktail would be another rather creative interpretation.  I thought my hubby may object to me stalking him with the camera while he was working though.  My final thought was cheerleaders but alas, I don't know any and have no idea when or where I could catch some practicing nor when or where a football game might be occurring that would have them in attendance doing their thing.  And frankly, after hearing my friend's daughter's horror stories about the East-West Game this year, I am not sure I wanted to be hanging around any highschool football games.  Luckily I found a set of pompoms in my daughter's "bin of randomness" and convinced her to help a lady out...



Focus on Foreground

My sunrise jaunt to Whitefish Island last Sunday, luckily, ended up, likely inadvertently, providing me with some of this week's photos.  This would be one of them...I am not sure why but I have always liked cattails, particularly when they are just starting to burst.  I remember picking them as a kid and trying to make them burst.  Must be sort of like the blowing of dandelions in the wind - messy as heck now that I'm an adult but destructive fun as a child.


Fall Leaves

This is another photo I can attribute to the Whitefish Island sunrise jaunt.  I had tried to walk the 2nd island again, only to be foiled by the still flooded pathways.  On my way back, however, these leaves caught my eye so I caught them in a photo.  They aren't fully coloured yet but they are on their way.


W

I took this photo earlier in the week when I happened to notice the W-shape my kids were making on this disc swing.  I tried to replicate it last night when we went back to Bellevue Park with Sharon as it was earlier in the evening and the light was better but the kids weren't quite as cooperative as I would have liked.  Really, they were just arguing and being bratty so we went home instead.


Frame within a Frame

So this is a photo I forgot to take and then tried my darnedest to find a frame or attempt a fancy photo as suggested by Sharon's latest photography book.  I tried to find natural frames but wasn't particularly happy with the results. This was the best of the attempts - see the pirate ship in the water?


I also tried to replicate a favourite photo I have of Danica as a toddler at the park but the results aren't quite as stunning when posed...



Friendship

The other night, we headed to Bellevue Park where I thought I could capture a photo of my kids playing as friends.  They decided they wanted to ask their friends from down the street so that made that photo an awful lot easier!  Teyah is also a friend of theirs from the swim team.


Wildcard

During that same Bellevue Park trip, I was drawn to the way the sunset was reflecting through the trees by the river and into the duck pond.  Since all I had with me was my phone, that was the camera I tried to capture the photo on.



And that's it for last week, folks.  I have already started on this week's photos and am hoping our trip to the beach today (believe it or not, we are having our nicest weekend all summer this weekend and thus are planning our first trip to the beach...in September...) provides me with many more photo ops!

1 comment:

  1. Great eye seeing that W! I think that tree at Bellevue Park is the site for many a family and friends photo - I have some. I love the cheerleader with all the pink (you DO know one, by the way ;)) and I think the photo of Danica looking through the structure is great - maybe a different feel than the toddler one but still very cool. Enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete