Saturday 23 September 2017

Sharon's Week 37: A Little Late, A Little Cheating

So I blew it again.  I did not follow my own rules and take all of these photos during the designated week.  I will spare you my excuses (because you know I have some) and get on with things.

Here's what I learned about myself during week 37:  I am no longer an awesome student who takes excellent notes and remembers everything I heard.  I attended a three day workshop last weekend and right now, only six days later, I'm darned if I can explain a tenth of what I thought I learned.  I am hoping that when I sit down with my binder (which contains some pretty sketchy notes - because of illegible handwriting and a lot of half-sentences with questionable short forms) it will all make sense again.

Another thing I learned:  I need my weekends.  I found myself on Monday morning while working with students, doing those long blinks that are one step before the head nods.  You have to understand that I sleep poorly most of the time so I know what tired is but this was something else.  I have always been able to hold it together during work but not this time.  I think I used up a whole week's worth of brain power at the workshop and my body was demanding sleep in order to recover. 

I made it through all my scheduled appointments for the week and decided to take Friday off.  I was able to get out and catch up on the missing photos so here we go.

in the way
My amazing friend Donna came from Grimsby to entertain me at the hotel on Saturday night.  When we were driving back from dinner, there was a superb sunset happening.  Unfortunately the view from my balcony looked out onto this building which was in the way of the setting sun.

selfie
My other amazing friend Jo entertained me on Friday night.  I headed to her neighbourhood and we wandered on the Danforth until we chose a place to eat (which was an excellent choice - the best sausage ever!).  We walked past a used book store and I decided that was the place for a selfie (is it still called a selfie if there are other people in it?).  I have no idea what the book Jo is pointing to is all about, it's just the one that was in the window.

starts with T
This was the view from my balcony facing the other direction.  I am in Toronto.

near
Go along with me here...I am near the heron 😏.  When I have seen this bird in the past, he or she has been very skittish so this was exciting for me.

backlight
Here we have another photo of Queen Anne's Lace past its prime.

active
Even though it feels like mid-summer, the chickadees know what's coming.  They were flying around me like crazy looking for food.  Sadly, I had not brought any.  This one appears to be giving me the cold shoulder.

wild card
On my first trip to Elliot Lake this school year, I noticed some colour in the trees along the Blind River (at least I think that's what it's called).  

Week 38 will be up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love your picture of a heron and your wildcard is stunning as well. I always like your chickadees and your Queen Anne's lace is quite pretty too.

    ReplyDelete