Sunday 3 September 2017

Sharon's Week 35: Damn Right, I've Got The Blues

Let me first introduce you to Harry the Honda...

While bringing him home today, I got to play with some of his special features.  I'm sure that I have forgotten most of what Paul (my friend/salesperson) told me about him but I am hopeful that the necessary information will come back to me when needed.  Now to get Thule bars, winter tires, a trailer hitch and new bike carrier.  I am thinking that since I now have car payments again 😞, except for the winter tires, all of those will wait until next year .

Right, now on to the blog.
Despite a week filled with exciting events, I did not take very many photos at all.  I did keep the topics in mind but I just didn't get Hermione out of her bag very much.  Do you want some excuses because I do have some...
Sunday at Kathy's camp was cold so we sat inside most of the time.
Tuesday at Barb and Mike's place I was busy eating a very yummy bacon cheddar dip.
Friday driving to Timmins, there weren't safe places to pull over.
Saturday in Timmins, we ran errands and hung around the house.
Those are the days I did something outside of work and I did take a couple of photos each day, just not as many as I should have.  Here we go with what I did get.

friends
This is my beautiful friend Colleen.  I know she is singular (friend vs. friends) but since she and I are friends (plural), I think this counts.

mushroom
After I drove off the lot with Harry, I headed to Hersey Lake for a walk while I waited for Carla and Paul to finish work.  I figured I would find some mushrooms on the hiking trails there.  I found this one about 50 feet in on the path I chose.  Luckily I did because there were no more to be found in the 45 minutes I spent walking.

blue
I left home before sunrise on Friday and I got to watch the western sky along the shore of Lake Superior as it brightened for the day.  This is a spot just north of Sawpit Bay.

cool down
If you have read Pam's blog this week, you'll recognize part of this photo.  Sunday was chilly but Tyler, Duncan and Danica decided to brave the weather for some tubing.  They didn't last long out there.  The boys fell off the tube at one point and once they were wet and again flying at warp speed, they cooled down quite nicely.
Do you see that red tree in the background?  It was still August for crying out loud.

parallel lines
This floors me.  Jak is Colleen's son and he is beginning grade nine this week.  Look at him, parallel with the paddle board!!

the lake
I chose this photo, taken from my seat on the deck at Barb and Mike's place, in front of the dip.  Did I mention it was really good?

wild card
I took this photo while Carla, Mya and I wandered around a pretty little cemetery in Porcupine on Saturday.  My intent was for the parallel lines in the water but I preferred Jak's acrobatics for that one.

And that's it for this week.

1 comment:

  1. What a great week, as usual. I am looking forward to a ride in Harry the Honda! Love the photo of Jack - too bad you missed his tumble too. The picture of the kids in the tube is great too. The blue picture is so calming to me. Awesome week!

    ReplyDelete