Monday 21 August 2017

Pam's Week 33: In the Middle of the Night, I Go Walking in My Sleep...

Anybody?  Anybody?  Anybody able to finish the lyric?  Did anyone sing "From the mountains of faith, to a river so deep"?  Or did anyone at least get the next verse's "Through the valley of fear to a river so deep"?  I am hoping Sharon did as I know she's a Billy Joel fan even if she isn't a lyric savant.

Regardless, I guess we aren't playing name that tune so I should get on my merry way with the purpose of the blog - the photos.  I promised an excuse for this week's tardiness that would not include Sharon so here is not one, but two:
1)  I was out of town for the majority of the week
2)  Our kitchen is currently being renovated and when I returned back to town, I was actually able to start organizing and putting things back into cupboards even though the pretty finishing touches aren't yet complete.  On the day I considered posting, we had the electricity off to hang some lights and move some outlets.

I could still use an excuse that included Sharon but a promise is a promise so I won't blame our treks for ice cream or greasy food on my procrastination.

Without further ado, here are the pictures you've all been waiting with baited breath for...

Busy

Perhaps this is not what Sharon had in mind when she thought up this topic, but then what else is new.  Last week, we were very busy enjoying the sunshine and my brother's pool.  In fact, on the first day we were there, they helped teach one of my brother's Goddaughters how to swim.  She started the morning with water wings and within 45 minutes, they came off and she was jumping off the diving board with my kids and trying out Danica's mermaid tail!

 

I will also include a photo of our in progress kitchen so that you can see how busy I have been!


Starts with N

This would be "no".  Q-tip does not particularly like his puppy float for the pool.  He also does not really like when people are jumping and playing in the pool.


River

I am not sure if this really counts as a river but it was a body of narrow water meandering through the Rock Garden so I call it a river.


1

This was a bit of a cheat.  Last night I decided to venture off in a different direction while walking the dog in an effort to get a cool photo of the awesome clouds for this week's post.  Unfortunately, by the time I got to where I thought the clouds would be nicest, they had all blended together into an unattractive grey mass.  It was not a complete bust though as I found a "1" on the disc golf course.


Melting

The kids and I attempted to find this "Chocolat on James" place in Hamilton as recommended by my brother's friend for ice cream that would have for sure melted for a photo but we were unsuccessful at finding it.  I could have taken a photo of my father-in-law's ice cream birthday cake for last night but I frankly forgot I needed a melting photo.

Since the weather was so fantastic, for the most part, while we were away last week, we spent loads of time in the pool to avoid "melting" in the sun.  On Sunday, I even had some fancy Renee concoctions to further prevent "melting".



A Mistake

As you can see in the above photo, Chris and Renee have an awesome inflatable unicorn.  Now it had been punctured by Q-tip previously but Chris thought he had successfully repaired it.  Apparently it wasn't completely fixed so it didn't last long.  I'm not sure whether that was wholly to blame or not but I think Uncle Chris climbing onto the unicorn with the kids was "a mistake", but boy was it funny!


And to think he tried it more than once!



Wildcard

Even though I lived in Hamilton for a month one summer while on student placement, I had no idea that it had some beauty to discover.  Apparently it is full of waterfalls!  We chose to visit the one that appeared to be the easiest to get to.  I blamed Duncan's inappropriate hiking footwear but let's face it - I was also feeling lazy and not particularly wanting to get lost on an unfamiliar hiking trail with 2 kids in tow on a hot, humid day.  This was The Devil's Punchbowl.  I am sure it would be more spectacular from below and/or from venturing beyond the fences and risking life and limb to go close to the edge of the canyon but I am not into death right now.  I like to stay behind fences when they tell me it is for my own safety.  I was disappointed in the washed out sky in these photos; sometimes a bright sun is just not as welcome as others!





And now I am all caught up and when I finish my errands, I can take the dog for a walk and get started on this week's photos!  I will be back in business, baby!  It must be the eclipse....

2 comments:

  1. I love the escarpment - it's so different from anything around here. Is that a painting above the waterfall in the third photo? Love the cool feeling all the pool pictures give me. And just what did Renee put in that concoction? Is it something we should learn to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was some sort of graffiti above the waterfall. I didn't venture too close! I really don't know what was in the concoction - it was a conglomerate of a bunch of stuff she found in the house that she thought might go together - strawberries, blueberries, Club Soda, Prosecco, who knows what else....

      Delete