Saturday 26 August 2017

Pam's Week 34: I've Looked at Clouds From Both Sides Now

I must give props to Sharon for the title of this week's blog, though admittedly, she changed the lyrics to "I've Looked at Clouds from No Sides Now" as there was nary a cloud to be seen in the sky as we walked around today, exploring a river we'd never been to and attempting to help me get the last 2 photos I was missing for this week's post.  One of those photos was, as you have likely guessed by now, "Clouds".  Sharon was lucky and managed to catch the funky and fabulous clouds we had the other day but by the time I ventured to where I thought they would look the best (and take the least effort if truth be told), they turned into a solid mass of grey nimbostratus clouds.  It just wasn't particularly striking.  Then it proceeded to rain for a few days so the skies remained grey with no nice photogenic cloud definition.  We have had a couple of cold but rather sunny days and then a beautiful day today but as I already mentioned, there were nice blue skies but not a single cloud.  You will see, eventually, that I managed to find some clouds on our way home and Sharon, being the good friend she is, pulled over to the side of the highway so that I could capture some photos of them.

There hasn't been any other major advancements on the kitchen front but it is organized and functional so I can wait patiently for it to finish being prettified.  I managed to get my house mostly clean this week too so it has been rather productive in spite of being very tempted to join the kids each night on the couch during their Harry Potter marathon.  I managed to catch movies 1, 4, 6, and 8 but just couldn't be lazy for 5 or more hours each night when there were things I needed to get done and a dog who needed walking.  Plus, how was I to get this week's photos done if I was laying around?  I will have to find time to watch the other 4 movies before we give them back to Sharon though.

Clouds

As I mentioned, this was a photo that almost didn't happen.  We had actually started googling other meanings for clouds or thinking of other "clouds" that I could potentially create or photograph (ie., clouds of mosquitos -no thanks; cloud of dust).  I was quite excited to notice some pretty cirrus clouds (or that's what I think they are based on my google search) just as we approached Sawpit Bay.



Slow

Since I had no luck locating a turtle in the wild, I decided to reinterpret the topic from my original idea.  As I walked Riya at Hiawatha last night, I was struck by how slow and peaceful the lake looked.  It reminded me why I like Hiawatha so much, even though I haven't walked there much this summer for fear of ending up Bear Chow with Lyme Disease....


Looking Up

I am not going to lie to you, I was disturbed by what I saw when I looked up but I took a photo of it anyways.  This summer has felt too wet, too cold, and way too short to be ending already.  Yet, the beginnings of the changing leaves is suggesting that it will be over soon...


Noisy

I had almost forgotten there was a second set of waterfalls at Hiawatha.  As we walked around the lake, however, we stumbled across them.  Riya really did not like walking across the bridge atop the falls, and I can't say I really blame her, but I was able to convince her it would be okay.  Then I stopped to take a photo as they were pretty noisy; she was not too happy with me...


L

You have to be a little imaginative, perhaps, to see the "L" that I saw when I looked at this section of the Crystal Falls at Hiawatha.


Crooked Horizon

I knew before I even read Sharon's blog post that this topic would kill her.  Sharon likes things straight and orderly and has rules that she must follow.  I wasn't wrong.  I think most of my horizons are probably crooked but I kind of like that effect sometimes.  Trying to do it on purpose and make the photo interesting was a bit of a challenge though.  Today, I had the perfect opportunity while we were at Barrett's River.


Wildcard

Even with her frozen shoulder and bad thumb and achey wrist, Sharon can skip rocks like no one's business.  When we stopped at Sawpit Bay for my cloud photo, Sharon was like a little kid again, searching for and skipping all sorts of stones.  Some of them were kerplunks, much like all of mine, but some must have skipped nearly 10 times!  If you look closely, you can still see the ripples from previous throws.


I can hardly believe I am finally caught up and managed to post this week's blog on time too!  Fingers crossed that not only does my kitchen get prettified, but that I also manage to keep caught up on this week's photos!  I would also like to hope for sunshine and nice, warm weather....and happiness for all reading this.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not including my butt in your cloud photo 😄. I love the turning leaves but agree that it is too soon. The composition on the stone structures photo is great...way to get a crooked horizon that doesn't hurt my eyes 😜.

    ReplyDelete