Sunday 8 January 2017

Donna's Week 1 - So here goes!



Hello everyone, I am Sharon's friend Donna.   I have followed these awesome blogs for several years now and have been inspired by Sharon's and all of your images.  I have been taking my own photos for many years now and it is time to share. Sharon has taught me everything I know. I hope you enjoy them.  

Now a bit about me.  I have classic ADHD,  I start lots of things and never finish most of them.  So, I am trying to be as realistic as possible with this project and am already wondering why I didn't start on a year when it was only a picture a week!!!   My personal goal for this project is to use it to force me to go back through my thousands of pictures to organize and edit them in lightroom.  I am not going to promise to take pictures every week, but will make the best effort I can to post every week.  

I am already excited by how much fun I have had pulling together pictures that fit the categories.  It forces you to look at things in a slightly more purposeful light.  Much more practical than, "wow this is pretty, I am going to take a picture of it"  Here we go.

Change
This is my niece Tanya's son Caden.  Nothing means change more than a new baby.



Bundled up
These little babies are all bundled up, ready for me to eat them.



Starts with K
These Kingfishers were fighting in Courtney harbour in BC, on the morning I was up early taking pictures.  This was the best shot from literally hundreds of exposures.  Sharon, there is even eye shine!



Nuts
Sharon knows that I am trying to document current farming systems in Ontario. (I work in agriculture).  I pulled this one out for the nuts topic.  Dairy cows give milk because they have no nuts!!  Get it!!! 



Relaxation
Nothing says relaxation more than a glass of wine!  I think Sharon had a similar shot last year!




J
I too went with the upside down shot.  Some of these birds were upside down feeding on the seeds (which now that I think about it, could have been "Nuts"),  and now that I look at the shot, except for gravity making the branch droop up, it is hard to tell it is upside down.  



Wild Card

I choose this shot because I almost used it for the "J" shot, because the little white swooshes look like J's.  When I was visiting Sharon this past fall, she took me to Hiawatha.  Neither of us was really in the mood for taking pictures, until we got to the end.  There is this great tunnel of trees and somewhere Sharon's mind decided that we should try some blurred movement shots.  Well, we had a blast.  I can almost still here myself giggling with delight at some of the shots.  



4 comments:

  1. Welcome Donna.... your Nuts shot was udderly fantastic.... sorry couldn't help but go for the obvious pun :). I can't wait to see a year of your photo's. Great job and very entertaining post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I just keep waiting for Sharon to comment on my spelling and grammar, before she comments on my photos!! Gotta love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! I am only a grammar and spelling snob in my head (I thought). Awesome photos, Donna. The baby is gorgeous, the kingfishers, the little birds...so much beauty. Nice job with the nuts interpretation :).

    Again, I apologize for forgetting that you joined...you non-OT, non-S-LP person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant interpretations of the topics, Donna! Great photos too. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete