Sunday 22 January 2017

Donna's Week 3 - Back to Work Full Time




Hey there, so this was my first full week of work in 16 months.  Five days and full time!  My slightly extended lunch on Friday with my favourite farmers, counts as work!  It was wet and foggy here, all weekend, so of course, like a good photographer, I went out and took some pictures.  You'll have to make it to the end of this blog to see them.  I included them as my wild card.

Detail

While on Vancouver Island this past summer, we went to Qualicum Beach while their Sand Sculpture Contest was on.  This entry won first prize.  I thought the detail was crazy amazing.  Who even tries to sculpt wet cardboard in sand.



U

This U picture was taken last fall at Beamer Conservation Area on the Niagara Escarpment in Grimsby.  There is an old quarry on the site.  This part of the narrow quarry wall has fallen over the edge, leaving this perfect "U" shaped look out onto Lake Ontario.




Yummy

I think all children who watched Master Chef Junior, have decided to make their own masterpiece dinner.  This is Blake making his yummy chicken and carrots.  Everything was well seasoned, well presented and you guessed it, quite yummy.



Sleep

Since I am the one who takes the pictures in our family and I am the one who sleeps the most in our family, there are no pictures of anyone sleeping in my house.  So, everyone, I would like you to meet Mr. Oinkers.  This is our favourite stufty for sleeping.  I say "our" because Blake and I fight over who gets to sleep with him.  Mr. Oinkers sometimes gets lost and turns up in the craziest places.





Frosty

I had to go all the way to Sault Ste. Marie, so Sharon and I could go to Michigan to take pictures of ice! 



A Sign

I love this sign.  I am sure other mountain passes have it, but this one was about 3/4's of the way up the BearTooth Pass, driving from Billings, Montana into Yellowstone Park, Wyoming.



Wild Card

So this is winter in Niagara.  During the day out with Rob and the puppy.




and
Out at night with Blake and the puppy!




Have a Great Week!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, that's what winter in Sault Ste. Marie looks like these days too! I love the fog shots - I wonder why I didn't head out tonight with that in mind...now I'm in my jammies, so, too late. That sand sculpture is phenomenal! The escarpment view is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fog shots are cool and mysterious - mine were dull and dreary :( I can hardly build a sand castle so the fact that that is made out of sand is incredible to me! Love that U! And the sign made me chuckle! Great week!

    ReplyDelete