Thursday 19 January 2017

Pam's Week 3: I Get Knocked Down.....

I'm hoping to get up again!

Okay, so I changed to lyrics a bit but in spite of hating that song, it's the one that popped into my head this evening.  Have you ever had one of those weeks that started with such promise and then the little things kept getting more and more annoying until bammo?

As you may recall, my week started with a lovely afternoon at Hiawatha with some good friends and some of our kids.  I'm posting this early (sorry, Sharon) because the week is going to end with the kids and I out of town with my parents for another swim meet.  Both of those things sound delightful and will be, I'm sure.  The problem is that these events have left me with fewer days in the middle in which to get things done.  I have a to-do list longer than my arm and have scratched virtually nothing off of it this week.  I've been running around too much, not taking enough time for myself, and certainly not tending to the things I NEED to get done around my house.  I was trying to say "Ah, it doesn't matter.  My house will still need cleaning tomorrow.  My laundry will still need to be put away tomorrow.  My muffins will still need baking tomorrow."  and so it goes.  Then the biggie was dropped upon me tonight while I was watching my little angel in synchronized swimming - the big team champs swim meet in Lansing, Michigan in a couple of weeks, the one Robert jumped through many hoops in order to trade his weekends off so that he could join us for his first meet all season, has changed the dates!  The real kicker - the date it is now was originally Robert's weekend off in February!  I am so disappointed and I just want to cry.  Trading shifts was so difficult for him in the first place and now with the fabulous new workforce planning system that our place of employment has implemented, it is now nearly impossible.  I haven't mentioned it to the kids yet or they'll be devastated too.

Anyways, to focus on the positives - the weather has been uber mild and some of that crazy snowfall we've had has been melting.  The only problem with that is that some of the bad roads and sidewalks are even worse now with all the slush and ruts and frozen areas.  And I completed yet another week of blog photos!

DETAIL


While at Hiawatha last Sunday, I noticed this tree and I liked the detail of the knot as well as the snowflakes atop it.

U
I would like to explain this photo before I let you see it.  During our snowshoe last weekend, I moved off the trail to let some people pass by the other direction.  Somehow, my snowshoes got intertwined as I attempted to move back onto the trail and I fell.  I had taken off my mitts so tried to fall so that I wouldn't get my hands in the snow and was quite successful!  While laying on the ground giggling, I decided I liked the view so took out my camera and snapped some photos.  This is one of them.  I was initially planning on using it for "frosty" but then Danica pointed out the "u" in the clouds.



YUMMY


I've decided that this doesn't look nearly as good as it tastes.  It's lemon chicken with spaghetti squash and it is yummy!  It is so full of fresh flavours.  I will be making this again!

SLEEP

I once again feel the need to preface the picture.  As a child, I thought the sun went to sleep every night and the moon woke up.  Last Sunday, after my Winter Fun Day at Hiawatha, I took our puppy to Whitefish Island for a walk and happened upon the sun getting ready to go to sleep.


FROSTY

 I decided that it was a rather frosty sunset reflection in the ice on the river.

A SIGN


I settled on a very literal interpretation of this topic.  I thought it appropriate that there was snow sitting atop the "Snow Shoe Trail" sign.

WILDCARD


This was one of the other photos in the running for "frosty" but changed my mind.  It was also taken during our snow shoe adventure last weekend.

And that's it for this week.  Let's see what I can come up with for next week - some of the topics look a little challenging....

4 comments:

  1. Hey chick... enjoy the weekend and all the good stuff it will bring. Love your write ups and the pics are amazeballs! Hugs. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam! This is great writing! Must be hard to keep it up with being a mom and a SLP, so congrats to you!!! Viki T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your to-do list has lessened since writing this. Love all the snowy pictures - doesn't look like that anymore. I know you prefer the milder weather but I want the real winter back. Both sunsets make me happy - sunset and my bridge - what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, love the snowy tree pics at Hiawatha. It is the only snow I have seen all winter.

    ReplyDelete