Sunday 8 January 2017

Max's Week 2- Creativity Running Amok!

It seems the only way I am not going to get behind on this Photo Challenge is if I take photo's and post them on the same weekend.  This week had me patiently waiting for Saturday, as this is the start of my Photo Challenge week.  The plan...... to get as many pictures done as possible.   Well almost accomplished.  I had six of the seven done by 3:00 pm and I still had time to do a whole bunch of other things like snowshoe, paint and get out of a very tight parking spot.

The dogs and I went for a leisurely 5k walk on the Voyageur trail.  I remember thinking as we left the parking lot.  I wonder if I will be able to get out.  I scoffed!  The snowmobilers will move their trailer and/or others will not park behind me.  I panicked when I got back to the truck with the dogs.  There was  a large truck and trailer directly in front of me.  Two trucks on either side and two SUV's behind me.

What to do... what to do?

Luckily the owners of the SUV's adjacent to the one directly behind me, emerged from the trails around the same time I did. When they left they left a largest gap behind me but the only issue was it was to the right and that meant I had a number of vehicle and not a lot of room to do it in.  

I absolutely love trucks, I can't imagine driving anything else.  The only issue I have with them are they don't corner on rails like a car.   I quit counting the number of stops, move back-up move forwards I had to do.  Not because the number was too high but because I found I needed full concentration to monitor all mirrors and pray.  I guesstimate it was a 30 point back through type of day, but I am happy to report no vehicle or person was harmed.

What can a person do to unwind?  Why take pictures of course.

Without further ado here is Week 2:

TOOLS




As I mentioned last week I am doing a challenge of my own that has me pull a task to do every day.  The first task that I drew was paint every night for a week.

These paint brushes have seen a lot of wear and tear this week and are probably some of my most favourite tools in the house.








TOO MUCH!!!!


Some might say too much white... too much fun.... too much beauty.

The Furry Dudes say... too much snow accumulation between the pads of their paws.   This scene depicts the daily end of the snowshoe walk tradition.  Walk a few yards, flop and chew.

A perfectly good occupation when we are on the flats, not so good when they decide to do it on steep hills... up or down.








FLOWER PETALS
I have a bit of an orchid problem.... I never met an orchid that I didn't want to take home and make mine.  I have so many orchids that I am running out of places to put them.  When I saw this topic I immediately knew I wanted to take a picture of orchid petals.

Problem-  None of mine are in bloom.

Solution-  Go buy a new one.

How I suffer for art!!!!!!!!



CAT

Whew I still have one!  The end of 2015, beginning of 2016 marked the dwindling of the herd.  Now there is one cat and at times it is one cat too many.

Bill is an epic whiner.  He whines that we take too long to come down in the morning.  He whines because I have not saved him a toasty spot in the bed.  He whines because it is a day of the week that ends in "Y"...

Here he is in-between whine sessions.  The parts of the day I look forward to.


PRICKLY



Sometimes yarn is prickly.  Luckily the grey is not but the coloured bit has a bit o' the prickle in it.  Sometime in the far, far future these strips will be sown together with even more strips to make a very pretty Afghan.












AT WORK

This has been my after work, work for the entire week.  I finished two paintings and started a third.

Here I am adding a touch of snow to the branches.









BONUS SHOT






Nature tickled my fancy this week.  I loved the texture of this bark.

2 comments:

  1. I had a blooming orchid at my house you could have borrowed :) I, too, love orchids but Sharon and I were just discussing how challenging it is to take a non-vajajay looking photo of an orchid. I think you may have succeeded with your angle. I would say too much snow, for sure! Riya, however, is loving every flake of it! Love your tools shot and the one of the cat. The colours in that prickly wool are gorgeous too! Great week you keener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job capturing the painting work left-handed! My hat is off to you. Love the quiet Bill. I agree with Pam about the afghan colours but could you actually use a prickly afghan?

    ReplyDelete