Sunday 12 February 2017

Donna's Week 6 - Hearts for Everyone and Finally - Some Snow.



Hello and welcome to week 6.  There is obviously a Valentine's Day theme to this weeks photo topics.  Rob and Blake and I are not big ones for holiday and birthday traditions, so I will admit that this one usually goes by unnoticed.  Saying that, I do love me some cinnamon hearts!  Crazy addictive little bastards.  

On a different note, we failed at puppy training this week.  I did not even know that was possible.  We have been taking Shadow to private classes with Celine in Niagara on the Lake.  We showed up for our third week of training with our collective tails between our legs because we didn't practice much last week.  So far, US - the trainees, have learned SIT, STAY, SLEEP, HEEL and OFF.  So far, Shadow has only learned SIT and STAY - and that one only works through 2 ball tosses.  By the time you throw the third ball Shadow just looks at you and says this is "BS" and runs after the ball.  Apparently, without enough practice, we are not ready to move onto the next training steps, so we were sent home to practice.  My wild card pic is a great one of Shadow. She is so cute and loves the snow.

Enjoy!  



Kids

Trying to stay with the Valentine pink theme, here is a picture of Blake and Levi.  Can you tell that the only pictures currently on my new computer are from 2015, 16 and 17.  I was in the Soo a lot over that time. 




V

This humpback was playing around us in the Juan de Fuca Straight, just south of Victoria, BC.  The tail makes a perfect "V"



Fun

This is Blake using a pneumatic drill to remove rock from some diplodocus bone fossils pulled from our dig site.  This was part of our dig for a day experience at the Wyoming Dinosaur Centre, this summer.  We all had so much fun.




 Love

I love my son, I love my husband and I love my family.  I love my puppy, I love my house and I love my friends.  I love my camera, I love chocolate and I love Sea Otters!!!  Especially when they are flashing you their best toothy grin.




Pink

I am 5th generation Adams, from Smithville.  My great, great grandfather was one of the founders of Smithville.  They owned land on the south side of twenty creek, across from my mom's house and across the swinging bridge.  They were farmers and they grew gladiolas.  These flowers have always held a special place in my heritage. 







 Heart

I couldn't find a good heart picture, so I asked Rob to buy some cinnamon hearts.  I used my scrapbook double sided tape to glue the hearts to a white sheet of paper and then took a picture by the window in natural light.  Can you tell which picture is the original jpg processing?  To the rest I applied different Lightroom 5 filter presets. There is one for everyone you love.  Happy Valentine's Day!






Wild Card
No wonder she is not trained yet.  Who could say no to her?  And look, we finally got some snow. 





































2 comments:

  1. Speaking of love, I love your training story! The sunset reflections in the water in the photo of Blake and Levi are beautiful. Love Shadow...can't wait to meet her. My favourite heart is the original. Glad you're having fun with the processing. Best of all is the otter. Now I love otters too! Where was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the training story too! I also love the pictures of your dog; who could say no? I think the whale and otters might be my favourites this week. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete