Saturday 4 February 2017

Pam's Week 5: And the Sky is a Hazy Shade of Winter

Yet again, most of the week, the sky has been grey and dreary.  It started with a reasonably nice Sunday with Sharon and I taking Danica and her friend to Whitefish Island, celebrating each little ray of sunshine that dared peek through the clouds.  Unfortunately, the clouds won out for most of the rest of the week.  There was a bit of sunshine again today but it was so freaking cold out!  This truly was a good week for the "winter" topic.  In fact, rather than identify one particular photo as representing winter, I would like to offer that most of my photos reflect winter in addition to the secondary topic.

CLOSE UP

To be perfectly honest, until I read Sharon's blog post, I had totally forgotten that this was one of the assignments for this week!  Luckily, while we were at the Bon Soo bum slides this afternoon, I happened to snap a photo of my mother-in-law as I thought she looked beautiful with her face perfectly framed by the fur collar on her hood and her smile that reaches into her eyes.


PRIMARY COLOURS

Looking at the grey skies we'd had this week, I didn't think my original idea for this topic was going to pan out so I began to wrack my brain for alternatives (the Philippine flag, lego bricks).  Luckily, I had time to take Riya for a walk this afternoon while the sun was briefly shining and voila - photo as planned!


Of course, I also stumbled across this on our walk and it made me chuckle to think that I live in a place where we have to mark the fire hydrants in the winter as they are otherwise covered by snow.


Of course, my mother-in-law was also wearing yellow pants so if I hadn't taken such a close up photo, she would have also worked for primary colours!

SIDE LIGHT

This topic was slightly tricky given the lack of sunlight this week but I did manage to get a couple that I thought I could use for this last week.


Riya was sitting at the patio door where the sun shone onto the side of her face.


This is Danica and her friend at Whitefish Island last weekend.

KITCHEN ABSTRACT

This was actually the first photo I took last week and I have to thank Google images for the idea, though I did change the composition and angles.


5

So I immediately thought of my kids' 5th place medals when I saw this topic but then when Sharon was looking for a number 5 I began to worry that I was wrong.  I decided, though, that the topic sheet didn't specifically state that I had to find something that resembled the number 5 so figured I could interpret it however I liked.  I then considered taking a picture of a drink as it must be 5 o'clock somewhere, right?


And look at that - this medal of Duncan's had a "5" on the necklace of the medal.  Danica's didn't so I didn't photograph that.

WILDCARD

Or maybe these should be called "winter".  This is what Filipinos look like in the "winter" - Robert is actually wearing 2 winter coats!  See - Robert's mom could represent primary colours too!


This is a photo of the bum slides at Bon Soo - our local winter carnival.  There were 5 slides so I considered using this photo for "5" too.


I would be remiss if I didn't include a photo of Mr. BonSoo himself (or rather a wooden cutout of him with Danica as I'm guessing he was too cold to venture out there today).


There goes another week!  Looks like this next week is prepping us for Valentine's Day...Lots of love and luck to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Let's try this again...my last comment didn't stick. I love Riya and the forks and the photo of your mother-in-law is stunning! It's funny, when Carla and I were running some errands we were commenting on how beautiful a winter day it was and there is Robert wearing two winter coats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Pam, My favorite is the forks, a compelling image, it took me a while to figure out what they were.

    ReplyDelete