Sunday 26 February 2017

Donna's Week 8 - Too Much of a Good Thing




Anyone who has spent any amount of time with me knows that, for the most part, I like people.  Especially smart people and to me, smart people include pretty much anyone who knows something I don't already know or in some cases something I have already forgotten!  One of the worst things about being off work for 16 months was that I missed learning new things from my peeps!  So, I was super excited this week to go to the Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention.  Basically, a place where all my awesome peeps gather together.  I planned to stay in a hotel room with my friend, attend the sessions and schmooze with everyone both nights.  Well to make a long story short, I think I met and interacted with more people on the first evening and day, than I did the entire time I was off work.  I was so wiped, that I had to go to bed and slept for 12 hours between day 1 and 2 of the conference and even though I attended all of day 2's sessions, they are kind of a blur!  No I am not old and no I did not drink, when you come back after a sick leave there is a reason they tell you to take it slow.  



A Dozen

I can think of a dozen reasons why I would not climb the Devil's Tower in Wyoming!





Macro

These were some lovely flowers from Mexico in 2015




Lazy

These iguana's are everywhere in Mexico and they are pretty Lazy.  Even when they are moving, they look like they are sleeping.





P

This brown pelican was so funny.  He was on a post not far from my lounge chair, watching me, watching him.  He would fly out and dive for fish, then fly back to his post, swallow and dry off in the breeze.  




Quirky

I have to give credit to Rob for this one.  He pointed out the irony of this lovely lady trying to take the same shot as the guy from Germany, who was actually being paid to take pictures of bison.  Now I will admit, that I will sometimes try to see what others are seeing, when they take their pictures.  It is kind of like when you are at the grocery check out and you look in other peoples cart to see what they are buying.  Only far less creepy, I am sure!  I also have to admit, that when I took the shot, I was doing it just to please Rob at the time, thinking to myself, what am I ever going to do with a shot this quirky.  





Smoke

We were told when we were in Yellowstone, this past summer, that at any point in time during the summer there is a fire in the park somewhere.  In this picture the fire was off to our west and made for this really awesome sunset shot.  And now come to think of it, I made Rob pull the car over to take the shot, with just the right foreground I wanted, and by the time we left there was a whole line of cars stopped taking the same shot!  Quirky eh!






Wild Card

This is from my window at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls this week.  Wednesday morning started really misty and hazy and made for this different perspective shot of the falls.
Have a great week!






2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that shot of the falls. I also can think of a dozen reasons not to climb Devil's Tower... was amazed when we got there to see people climbing. I had no idea. The pelican is awesome and the lady trying to duplicate the shot with that massive lens is hilarious. I hope you are caught up on your resting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I could come up with more than a dozen reasons not to climb Devil's Tower but I really only need one - I am not insane! That lady is making me chuckle; her entire camera could fit in that guy's lens! Love that pelican shot as well and the sunset smoke is incredible!

    ReplyDelete