Saturday 4 March 2017

Sharon's Week 9: Too Much Thought, Not Enough Action

The sun is shining, the air is frosty and we seem to be having our coldest snap all winter now that March is upon us.  Inside though, there is hot tea and books galore.  I am between movies right now so I thought I'd get the blog posted early before I have to head out again.  The Shadows of the Mind Film Festival is going on and I had tickets for two of the films.  This morning, several of my book club friends and I watched A Man Called Ove, a Swedish film based on a book of the same title.  We had read the book for book club and really enjoyed it so we planned to watch the movie.  It was fantastic, due primarily in my opinion, to fantastic acting.  Tears fell, laughter happened and it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning.  Tonight we head to see 20th Century Women.  I guess since this film festival highlights mental health, addiction and social issues, I should bring tissues with me again tonight.

As for the photos, I didn't spend much time actually photographing but I did spend a lot of time trying to figure out what to photograph.  I guess that means the topics were tough again this week.  Who the heck came up with them?  Oh yeah, it was me.  Here's hoping (again!) next week is easier.

starts with R
I'm not sure if you realize it but many, many words that begin with the letter R are not nouns...things I can photograph.  I eventually resorted to the dictionary  and found oh so many words that were not helpful.  As I walked over to the bookshelf to put the dictionary away, I looked over at Smaug and I realized...reptile!  That starts with R.  I quickly confirmed with Levi that Smaug is in fact a reptile then grabbed the camera.

instrumental
I thought of actual instruments (of which we have few) and the other definition (something important to the occurrence of something else) but still I couldn't come up with an idea that I thought would photograph interestingly.  I started with Levi's harmonica, tried a few other things then decided on the harmonica.

button up
I probably was thinking about being all warm and cozy when I put this topic in the list but instead you get buttons.

spicy
This is a little pile of one of my current favourite teas.  I mix this Super Ginger rooibis tea with a fruity one because I find it too spicy on its own.  I believe that Maxine drinks it straight though.

T
This bookshelf has a T in it among so many books, books, wonderful books.

a bird
I made a trip to Whitefish Island (surprise, surprise) for this.  I was thinking that the timing was bad.  Two weeks ago, I saw a bald eagle and last week it was the snowy owl.  This week, when it would have been awesome to see something out of the ordinary, I only saw chickadees, pigeons and ducks.  Here is a chickadee.

wild card
Those of you who have been reading my blog these past few years know that I find the idea of pigeons in trees amusing.  I don't know why but I do.  This is what greeted me as I headed out on the trail.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm bummed I am not joining you ladies at the movies. Alas, kids and puppies and responsibilities keep getting in the way of entertainment! Your week of photos looks as fantastic as ever, Sharon! Smaug and your chickadee are my faves but I love the colours in the buttons and I think that T was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't miss anything tonight - that's three hours I could have spent doing something productive but Ove this morning was fantastic!

      Delete
  2. So, you did create the list! I always thought you were a really nice person, but now I know better, you are Nasty! Come on Donna, you can join this years photo blog, it will be fun!!! I guess it is my fault for not starting, when you asked me to 3 or 4 or 5 years ago, when I can only assume the topics were easier. You know, something like, sun, sky, tree, table!!! Anyways, I still love you and am really enjoying trying to interpret my pics in a different way. Now onto your pics... I think Smaug is such a great name for Levi's reptile, he looks like a Smaug (the reptile, not Levi!). Did you take the buttons pic on your light table? How did you get the background such a perfect white? And, I had no idea you found the idea of pigeons in trees amusing, but now that you mention it, your picture kind of makes me giggle.. Have a great week everyone!

    ReplyDelete