Saturday 11 March 2017

Sharon's Week 10: The Times They Are A-Changin'...And Changin'...And Changin'...

My post title today refers to my work life and only coincidentally does it refer to the time change tonight (which, by the way, is the icky time change).  Here's what's going on...

While I was waiting patiently at the hospital for my surgery on Thursday (patiently might not be the right word...I was so thirsty!), an email went out to my team at work that the funding for my program will be transferred from the Ministry of Health (which funds the organization for which I work) to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (which has nothing to do with my organization).  What that means is that my program and my job will be moving to another agency.  and this will be effective in September of this year.  My colleagues debated about whether or not to tell me that night but since I was feeling pretty well, and the announcement was being made public, they told me.  Cue anger, disappointment, anxiety and disillusionment, enough so that I decided to attend a meeting at the office yesterday despite being off on a sick leave.  There are no answers about so many things so the meeting was rather useless but time heals all wounds, right?  This morning I am resigned and I will from this point on, look at this change in a positive manner (as long as I get to take my salary, six weeks vacation, 900-odd hours of sick time and my pension with me - which a piece of legislation says will happen provided that that legislation applies in this case).  Let me take a moment now to suck up to my new manager...hey, Maxine, you're looking awfully young this morning.  Is that a new haircut?  Okay, I need to work on my sucking up.

That's not all...soon after we make that change, the actual work that I do will be changing in a manner to be determined because of another government initiative.  Again, I will adapt, and to tell the truth, I am kind of excited about those changes.

 But wait, there's more...call now and receive, absolutely free of charge (just pay shipping and handling, AKA a ton of money to update signs, business cards, policies and procedures, etcetera), one more zinger of a change!  In May this year, due to yet another government decision, my organization, the North East CCAC, will cease to exist and we will become part of the North East LHIN.  Let's hope the only functional change there is those four letters.  I can only take so much!

It is a good thing I have my photography to keep my mind on other things.  You know what else is on my mind?  The fact that typing one-handed really sucks!

On to the photos.  Knowing that I would become one-handed this week, I took a break from a marathon report-writing day last Sunday to get some of the topics checked off the list.  I got five of them completed and had an idea for one more.  The final one required a lot of work and the help of Levi and it ended up not getting done.  I have a substitute which may or may not actually fit the topic (okay, I know that it doesn't).

candy
I stocked up Levi's candy stash not knowing when I would be able to drive again.  These are jumbo Rockets.

texture
If you know Levi, you know that he loves soft and fluffy things.  When I was ordering some books from Chapters before Christmas, there was a deal that if I spent a certain amount of money, I could buy this soft, cushy blanket for a significantly reduced price.  It's no hardship for me to spend a certain amount of money at Chapters so I bought the blanket for Levi for Christmas.  They were out of the dark grey colour I wanted so I settled for the other grey.  Then when Levi's birthday came around, he opened up a box that looked familiar.  Inside was the exact same blanket but in the dark grey colour.  I guess my sister knows Levi pretty well too.  Those two blankets live with him on his beanbag chair.  The only reason that I was able to photograph them was because he wasn't home.

every-day
When you have cats and a box...


And those, my friends, are two different cats.  The top is Eclipse and the bottom is Bellatrix.

starts with Z
I got out the dictionary again...Z is a very short section.  Pam and I are obviously kindred spirits  since we both chose not only zest, but lime zest.

polka dots
You have all seen my wine glass before but I couldn't find any other polka-dots in my house and I needed to get back to work.

light painting
Here's my fail of the week.  I didn't do any light painting (which I do find fun and will plan to do as a wild card some time this year).  Instead we have a light (coloured) painting.  And actually, it is not even a painting, it is a photo on canvas in my dining room.  Lame, I know.  Sorry.

wild card
And here we have my hand.

I guess the surgeon wanted to make sure my thumb was well and truly protected!

Happy March Break to those of you lucky enough to be off and happy just-another-weekend to everyone else.

3 comments:

  1. Very entertaining this week Sharon. You must of had time on your hands. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the candy - it almost looks like macarons. I am jealous of your zest - it's so much zestier than mine. It's how I imagined mine would look actually. If you can survive the time change, you can survive anything! Good luck with your one-handed photos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your light painting picture, I am so glad you have it hanging on your wall. So, last year I was at your house over March Break and Blake was still shorter than me. Last week at the doctors he was 6ft 1.5 inches, a full 3 and a half inches taller than me! He calls me "little one". Good luck with your thumb..

    ReplyDelete