Sunday 12 March 2017

Donna's Week 10 - Just the Pics!



No inspiration for an intro this week, Enjoy the pics!


Candy

This is Blake's stash from his last Halloween haul.  Now the only Halloween treats we get are the ones we buy, as extra's of course.



Texture

I love texture and find it hard to capture in photographs.  This is one of my favourite attempts.  I was drawn to the various monochromatic textures on this tortoise, both above and below the water line.




Everyday

This topic makes me laugh.  I have ADHD, I get really bored and distracted with the activities of every day.  My brain thrives on the new and novel, the chaotic, the dramatic and the crisis.  Asking me to do the same thing everyday is painful and sucks all of the energy from my soul.  This is great if you value spontaneous and impulsive, but not so good if you want the laundry or the dishes done.  Rob was away all last week and I am just so proud of the fact that Blake and I ate every meal!  Well, at least I think we did,  ADHD also comes with a really poor working memory.  
This is a picture of my street, and as near as I can tell, seeing this view is the closest thing that I can honestly say I see everyday.  I see it when I drive to work, I see it when I walk the puppy and on some days I see it on my way to bed at 3 am in the morning, when I step out on my front porch to say good night to the world.



Starts with Z

Ok, so the obvious is not lost on me.  Where my blogging friends both, very creatively and successfully, chose to photograph "zest", since they are taking pictures in real time, I went for the zebra picture. This one was from our "Wake up the Wild" Safari at African Lion Safari.  I can't wait until our real safari trip to Africa this summer.




Polka dots
These pitted rocks were photographed while on Manitoulin Island this past summer.  While not the most colourful polka dots, they are polka dots, none the less.




Light Painting

My friend Sharon is my photographic mentor, she is the one with the light table, she is the one who tells me about new techniques, and she is the one who will have to eventually show me how to do light painting.  I did look the technique up on-line and what I found totally intimidated me.  So, I will include a few of my night light shots to make up for my miss.....






Have a Great Week!









2 comments:

  1. I looove the photo of the house number. The way the red becomes an arrow is so cool. The zebra is beautiful and the dripping berries with the faded street in the background is evocative - that's not a word I use in my normal day-to-day life but another word escapes me. Are you taking any time off this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zebras are awesome and had I had access to one, that would likely been my Z of choice! I agree with Sharon's description of the dripping berries as evocative - captures my sentiments perfectly. I am also drawn to the dog walker on the foggy street. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete