Saturday 4 March 2017

Pam's Week 8: Here I Go Again on My Own....

Okay, so I'm not really and truly on my own but I am still a couple of weeks behind so it feels lonely back here....I will catch up tonight though!  I am determined and my mother has suggested that I am stubborn so if I set my mind to it, it will happen....

I really did have the best intentions this week to totally and completely catch up.  I had some great photo ideas but the weather would not cooperate.  It would sunny while I was at work and I would plan how I was going to get everything done and have time to drive by this place to catch that particular photo and then  - bam - snow, snow, wind blowing snow, grey skies, clouds.  Anything at all that would make the photos less than spectacular would come calling.  Even last night - the weather was freezing cold but the sun was shining and I'd had a busy, whacky day at work.  I texted Sharon to see if she wanted to go for a walk at Whitefish Island, figuring the sunshine and location would afford me the chance to get my last couple of photos for the week 8 assignments.  By the time we arrived, so had the grey skies and snow.  Sharon didn't even take her camera out of the backpack, which is very unusual for Sharon.  Luckily, the sun is shining today and I had the time and opportunity to play a little photo catch up...

A Dozen

With no really good ideas on how to creatively and beautifully capture "a dozen", I initially thought I would just post a dozen photos in this blog and call that my dozen.  I thought that sounded sort of like cheating though so tried again...  In case you were wondering - the concrete was freezing cold as I laid upon it to capture this photo.



Macro

I would like to preface this photo by telling you that I'm not good at macro photography.  I have a macro setting on my camera even but I am never very pleased with the results.  The first one is Danica's hairbrush.


This one is gummy bears from Danica's not a party birthday sleepover.



Lazy

So many options for this topic!  Duncan, however, suggested that I take a photo of Riya because when she isn't racing around like a mad puppy, she lays around rather lazily.  This is her favourite lazy perch in our front window.




P

This one was taken again in Frankenmuth.  I am pretty sure I mentioned in an earlier post how gorgeous the weather was while we were there.  We thought it was ice cream worthy (and sandal-worthy too for that matter).  It's not a perfect "P" but I loved what it represented!


Quirky

This was one of the few photos that I took during our frigid and dreary sky walk at Whitefish Island last night.  I thought Riya's jumping up to try to find food in the bird houses was rather quirky (just one of many of her strange habits).


Smoke

So I googled "smoke photography" and realized that I don't have the equipment or talent required to be able to do what they tried to describe as an "easy" method.  We were driving last weekend around sunset, however, and I noticed how pretty the smoke from the Steel Plant looked.  I realize that sounds like an oxymoron but the smoke was pink against that gorgeous deep blue the sky turns just before dusk.  Of course we didn't have a space or time to stop to take the photo but I figured I'd have many more opportunities this week now that I found an idea.  Did I mention earlier that the skies have been grey all week?  I thought for sure I'd be able to capture it last night but the sun evaded us yet again.  Luckily I saw the smoke coming out of the hospital smokestacks on my way into work one morning and thought to photograph it.  Although I love the lighting in the first photo, it's a little blurry as I admittedly took it from the car, through my windshield while driving into the parking lot.




Wildcard

I thought I would include a picture of Danica and her friends from her non party sleepover.  Unfortunately one of her friends was sick and unable to attend.  I also included a photo of her slumber party cake that didn't quite turn out like I was hoping it would (Pinterest makes everything look so easy but apparently I don't have as much time and talent as I think I do).



Now if I can just take 4 more pictures tonight, I can be all caught up!!!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Where the heck did you find bare concrete? Awesome photos, Pam. The brush and gummies are great and I understand about the beautiful smoke. I admire it often. The ones of Riya in the window are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great photos, and we are really going to have to share playlists, because I love all of your lyric choices. The crayon chalk and hairbrush pics are my favourites. But I seriously love the P shot...

    ReplyDelete