Sunday 19 February 2017

Donna's Week 7 - A Screen Writer is Born - Not!




Act 1
Well, I finally got paid this week.  I started my graduated return to work on November 29, 2016 and before you get too excited, the money didn't come from my job and the Pheonix pay system, it came from the insurance company. 

Insert dramatic pause here!  

So, Pheonix is now referred to as an actual person upon which blame can be squarely and appropriately placed, because obviously, there is no fault held by the people who actually run or are responsible for the system.  

Insert more dramatic pause here and include fascinating psychedelic sci-fi music!  

Yep, this is the serious plot twist! In order for the insurance company to pay me, Pheonix had to send them my graduated return to work hours, they had to calculate their proportion of what to pay me and issue the payment.  Fascinating, an insurance company that can do all that faster than my pay centre! 

The End!  

Pre-credit content: 

To date there have been no payments issued by Pheonix to Donna.
The race is on to see if anyone will ever send an actual statement indicating how the payments were calculated.  

Okay, so none of that had anything to do with this weeks photo topics, which I find are getting harder and harder each week.  Here you go, enjoy and have a great week!



4

Well I think this first one is self-explanatory.




Help

I had no idea for this one, so was just browsing through pics, when I noticed this one.  A little bit of cropping et voila! Nothing says HELP more than a wide-eyed baby elephant trying to swim.






Drawing

This week was hard, who makes up these topics!  So here goes!  Ready for it!
I was drawing on all my strength not to throw up listening to this guy eat his breakfast meat!
The african lion safari has a Wake Up the Wild early morning tour.  You ride in a two different safari vehicles.  This one had us in the cage instead of the animals.  We saw the lions all run into their enclosure from their overnight pens as they searched out their morning food.  The second vehicle was more of an open jeep.  We got to feed giraffes and off-roaded with the rhino's.





Fence

Next to otters, cheetah's are my favourite animal. Even though we were in the caged-in Jeep, I was pretty glad to see that there was still a fence between this beauty and us.  The african lion safari has one of the most successful captive breeding programs for cheetah's in North America.




Starts with "A"

This is an Agouti.  They run semi-wild on the resort that we usually visit in the Mayan Riviera.  They are rodents.  Before you go eeewe, think more similar to capybara's than rats!  Agouti's are found throughout the Amazon rain-forest and are required for Brazil nut trees to reproduce.  They chew open the big multi-nut seed pods and then, like chipmunks in provincial parks, run away with some of the Brazil nuts and cache/plant them all over the rain-forest floor.






Funny

This picture is funny for a few reasons.  One, it almost looks like a piliated woodpecker, that I have yet to see in the wild, despite several attempts at following them through the trees and Sharon telling me they are everywhere in the Sault.  She even took a pic of one on her neighbours lawn, and texted it to me, while I was in Parry Sound and on my way!  The second reason this picture is funny, well, just look at him, he has such a funny face! This great Mexican cousin of the piliated woodpecker!!!  



Wild Card

One of my best chick-a-dee shots!  Have a great week!









2 comments:

  1. A post filled with wildlife and nature just made my day! I also think the woodpecker is funny. I never knew about the early morning tour at ALS!! I will put that on my to-do list. Great photos, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute woodpecker and I so want to do an early morning tour at the San Diego Zoo when we go but not sure we can swing 4 fees for that (especially given the sad state of our dollar at this moment in time). I love the elephant shot - elephants are my favourites. That lion is gorgeous too, although I could do without the raw meat as well. Great week!

    ReplyDelete