Saturday 11 February 2017

Sharon's Week 6: Just Plug Your Nose and Jump

Here I am putting off doing work - both work for my job and stuff that I need to do around the house.  But it's Saturday afternoon and I am not going to worry about it.  I spent the week working more overtime, driving on crappy roads and shoveling snow onto snow banks that just cannot get any taller, so it is time to relax.  Last time we were out there slogging away, I had to stop and laugh.  Levi wondered what was going on so I showed him the results of the avalanche that had just occurred.  He wondered why that made me laugh and I replied that it was a stunned reaction - all of the snow I had just thrown up to the top had fallen back into the driveway.  Besides stomping my foot in a hissy fit, what else was there to do?

We are having a reprieve from the persistent snow and we even saw the sun (albeit very briefly) twice this week.  Maxine and I were snowshoeing this morning when the spots of blue sky showed themselves and we took every advantage of the brightness and held our faces up towards the sun.  I am sure that anyone watching would have thought we were crazy.  It wasn't crazy, it was our sun salutation...something I hope we can start doing on a more regular basis.

 On to the photos...

a heart
Another trip to the Bulk Barn was needed for this one.

kids
Last Sunday was the Polar Bear Swim for our winter carnival.  Pam's husband decided to make the plunge so I went along to watch and take photos.  While waiting for them to show up, I saw these kids playing.  I didn't want to be too obvious, pointing my camera at strange children, so it was just luck that I captured something interesting.  I love the look on the little girl's face.  The other child must be saying something quite interesting (although obviously not interesting to the little one).

V
See, there was partial blue sky last Sunday.  This tree is at Bellevue Park.

pink
This little girl was digging down to the ice we were standing on while watching the polar bear swimmers (well, Pam and I were watching the action, the little girl was playing in the snow).

fun
This photo reinforces the fact that fun can be defined very differently by different people.  These boys were ready for the swim and they look like they were planning on having fun with it.

And here they go...


love
I chose this because the couple looked so cute in their matching long underwear.  I figured they had to be very much in love to do this together.  I wonder which one had to talk the other one into the underwear plan.

wild card
I have a variety of photos for you this week...

First we have the scene that greeted me as I arrived at Bellevue Park for the polar bear swim.  I wondered how on earth I would be able to see anything, or how I would keep the camera dry since I had left the cover my mom made for it at home.

Then, as I got down to the water, the wind was screaming past and it did not look good.  Luckily, shortly after this photo, the wind died down and the sky opened up occasionally.

This guy's jump made me laugh with his long hair and beard flying upwards.  Does anybody remember Trolls?

And here we have something from our snowshoe adventure this morning on the Odena trail.

Happy Valentine's week everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Sharon! Love all the action shots of the jumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome week Sharon. Your mom made you a cover for your camera? That is so awesome. It has been snowing here pretty much all day. I think we finally have over an inch on the ground. I love the kids shot, it really does make you wonder what they are saying. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are awesome, Sharon! I am particularly fond of the polar bear swim jumps. Fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete