Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 44: Oh Sing of Summer and a Sunset

Yes, I realize that this was a photography blog challenge for 2017 and it is now officially 2018, but at least I am trying to catch up!  I have been feeling guilty since I fell behind back in October/November and kept intending to catch up but life and a huge sense of being overwhelmed at how far behind I was prevented the catch up from happening.  Determined not to abandon Sharon yet again, though, I sat down the other day, looked through my phone and camera to see what I could use to loosely interpret the topics and what I would need to do to catch up, and gosh darnit, I did it!  You might have to have a very open mind to follow my interpretations at times...and I am certainly not making any promises that these photos are my very best work.  I can almost guarantee that none of them were taken in the weeks they were assigned either.  Oopsie.

7

Finding a '7' in nature isn't usually that difficult but for fear of essentially taking the same photo as Sharon, I tried to be creative.  I thought Duncan's earning a 7th place ribbon at his first swim meet this season would be just that.  Unfortunately, they decided to write out the word instead of using the number.



Sunset

This was one of the topics that eluded me for so long with the days getting shorter, the kids' activities becoming more plentiful and my being able to experience less and less daylight.  The other night, though, determined to catch up, Riya and I headed out in the frigid temperatures and barely avoided frostbite to catch the very end of a rather unexciting sunset...


Layered

I was actually intending to take a photo of a layered dessert or lasagna or something I had made that week but then realized I forgot to do so.  I was rather intrigued by the layers of clouds in the sky one day though so thought I would use that for my 'layered' photo.


C

I took this photo quite a while ago during a walk with Sharon on Whitefish Island, back when I was only a couple of weeks behind and thought I could catch up.  It is amazing how active the beavers are on the island this year.  They are singlehandedly (or toothedly) deforesting the place.


Starts with L

I am not sure which picture I was intending to use with this topic but I had it checked off so I must have had an idea of some sort.  I decided maybe I could use this one for a "little sprinkling of snow" on my new car.


Guilty Pleasure

I have so many guilty pleasures if I was to be totally honest with you.  One of them, though, is this breakfast burrito they make in the hospital cafeteria.


Wildcard

Since this was supposed to include Halloween, I will include a photo of my kids and dog all dressed up.  We have a cat, a dragon, and a happy meal.



Only 8 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment