Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 46: Shine Bright Like a Diamond

I should really be going and getting dressed and getting ready to head out for the day but while Robert unlights our prelit tree (so many of the lights don't work in spite of lightbulb changes and multiple attempts to fix it), I thought I would try to get one more blog post closer to finishing off 2017....

How it Works

My dad has always been a fan of these little puzzles but he hasn't had one for a long time.  When I saw this one on zulily, I knew he had to have it in his stocking. My dad loves very little more than talking but one of those things is singing.


Contrast

So this ended up being two photos but let me explain why.  One day over the holidays, I decided to take the dog for a walk in the neighbourhood.  During the 30 minute walk, we walked through whiteout conditions, light snowfall, and ended in blinding sun - contrasts if there were ever contrasts.



Smile

I loved the look on my dad's face when he finally realized all the hoopla was actually a surprise party for his 70th birthday.


Starts with D

Perhaps this is cheating but both my kids have names that begin with D....


F

So perhaps this isn't exactly how this looks in it's original form but when you take the reflection and turn it on it's side - voila!



Diamond

I found some camera phone lenses in my stocking this year (and I have no idea where they came from - haha).  Anyways, one of the lenses is a macro lens so I thought I would play with it yesterday to take a picture of my diamond ring.



Wildcard

I actually took this photo the week of November 12-18!  In spite of my hatred for cold and winter, even I can admit that it can be pretty.  I liked how the snow was sitting on the trees this day so pulled into the back of the Home Depot parking lot to find a forest-looking place in the city to capture the beauty.



I know I have you all excited about my catch-up blog posts now, but we have lunch and afternoon plans so you will have to wait on the edge of your seats with anticipation.  A blog post cliffhanger, if you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment