Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 51: When the Lights Go Down in the City

I guess the lights are more accurately coming on these days though, aren't they?  There are always some stunning light displays around town.  There are also those must-sees that aren't necessarily beautiful but awe-inspiring because of the time and effort they must take year after year.  Luckily, we don't live next to one of the more popular ones though as I couldn't imagine the traffic on a normally quiet street, the impossibility of getting into and out of your own driveway, the lack of parking if you wanted to have friends or family over, never mind the lights shining and blinking in your bedroom windows all night long.  I actually prefer the simple, tasteful displays, myself.

Anyways, we are getting so much closer to the end of these blog posts but now the photos are getting closer to being taken when they were actually supposed to be taken and we are approaching the holidays!  I mean with the photos, of course, as the holidays seem to be long past us now as I prepare to return, rather unhappily, to work in the morning.

Red

Last week we had red and green and this week just red.  Hmmm...  Santa it is!  His suit is red and my kids are both wearing red too.  I liked how Danica was playing with the fur-trim on Santa's suit when it was her turn to see him.



G

Those of you who know my brother know there is no other G in his life.  Since his team was playing yesterday, he was all decked out in the green and gold replete with multiple 'G's but he changed before I had a chance to photograph any of them.  Sharon kindly pointed out his phone case next to me on the table while we played Rummoli last night (it cost me a play that I missed while taking the picture, I might add).


Lights

I considered including pictures of some of the fabulous or at least interesting light displays I mentioned earlier, but decided this picture would be more original.  Last year, our friends told us about these glasses that their daughters had that would change the shape of the lights on the Christmas tree when you looked at them.  They had cool gingerbread men and snowmen but when we got to Sears to purchase some of our own, all that were left were snowflakes.  They were still pretty cool though, at least until Riya got a hold of them...


Festive

These are good friends of ours who showed up to the Filipino-Canadian Christmas party donning these rather festive outfits.


Tree

No doubt after reading 7 blog posts in a row, all of them including numerous photos of my house, tree, and kids, the last thing you actually want to look at is another photo of our Christmas tree.  It is your lucky day - you don't have to!  The kids and I attended the Festival of Trees and just happened to have taken photos of the entryway to the venue (the kids were standing much closer to each other than either one wanted to in this picture as they had been and were continuing to fight until the camera snapped).



Hands

Duncan got a Harry Potter Christmas at Hogwarts puzzle for Christmas so I set up a table in the playroom the other day so we could start to assemble it.  My children are not very patient when it comes to puzzles, I've realized.  I did manage to snap a photo of their hands trying to fit pieces together though.  I think this is Duncan's hand.


Wildcard

Guess where I took this photo?  If you guessed Whitefish Island, you would be correct.  If you also guessed it was during that frigid, frosty, morning walk with Sharon, you would also be correct.  Too bad there wasn't any money riding on your answers.


One more week....can you handle the excitement?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment