Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 49: Like a Candle in the Wind

I can't believe how close I am now to the finish line!  Woohoo!  To all my runner friends, is this how it feels to finish a marathon?  The adrenaline is coursing through my veins.  I am ignoring all the pains, chills, and other signs of discomfort I am feeling.  I must complete this challenge.....

Okay, enough with the craziness.  On with the photos....

Hot Drink

I actually planned on dropping it like it was hot (do you like the extra music reference for those who are paying attention and up on the music the kids are listening to these days) and using the Frosty the Snowman cocktail photo from the other day.  Yesterday, though, my dear brother offered me a hot chocolate with Bailey's, added in some marshmallows, and his lovely fiancee delivered it to me in one of my mom's fancy new mugs.  And thus a hot drink was born....


Hat

I considered stealing a photo that my sister-in-law took of Danica on Christmas morning modeling the new hat and scarf my mom crocheted for her (it was pretty stinking cute) but instead thought I would use this photo of Riya with what used to be a chicken hat from Wacky Wings.


Candle

We just celebrated my brother's birthday this week and my dad's was in November so we did have some candle photos I could have used.  I actually googled "candle photography" for some inspiration but a lot of them resembled Sharon's photo and looked like they would require more time and effort than I had to put forth.  I saw my mom's fake candle centrepiece and thought it would be a prettier look than the not-so-great cake candle photos.


Abundance

Everyone who came to our house this holiday season commented on the abundance of gifts under our tree.  I am not going to deny that we tend to go overboard and are all a little spoiled at Christmas, but it also had to be considered that the gifts under the tree were from 7 different people and a dog and were for 9 different people and a dog (we had sent the gifts for my brother and Renee and their dog over to my parents' house ahead of time since they weren't going to be here on Christmas morning or there would have been even more gifts).  Once Santa visited, the tree was certainly overflowing, as were the stockings, with an abundance of gifts.


Cookies

We usually have an abundance of cookies and other baking as well as I enjoy baking and can never decide on just a couple of recipes so end up trying like 6 or 7 of them.  These were cookies I considered using for my "citrus" photo last week but I saved them for this week.  I had never made them before but they are likely to go into my regular rotation.  They were chocolate orange cookies and tasted just like one of those chocolate oranges.


Reading

I thought I was so clever with my idea for this photo.  I asked the kids to get out the Monopoly game so I could take a picture of the 'Reading Railroad', only to find out that the Cityville edition that we have doesn't have such a thing.  Plan B was then to take a picture of reading our Christmas book called "The Girl Who Saved Christmas" with the kids but it seems to have been misplaced when my husband did his before Christmas clean.  Lucky for me, and you I suppose, my mother was reading a book on her ereader yesterday afternoon.


Wildcard

I think Sharon has included a similar photo in one of her recent posts but since I am trying to convince myself that winter is pretty since it seems we are in for a long one and I nearly froze to death to take the photo, I should be able to include one in my blog too.



And then there were three....

No comments:

Post a Comment