Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 52: You Got the Kind of Loving that Could Be So Smooth....

That wasn't my first song choice but since Sharon felt it necessary to quote Kool and the Gang for her big blog finale, I figured I should choose an alternate for my finale (though to be truthful, getting this done is a celebration!).  Now to consider my spotify playlist after this post but before bed....

So I guess this really is it.  This blog post will be the final summation of 2017, the end of the weekly photo blog, and the true farewell to a year that I had high hopes for but that was much rougher for a lot of people than I had anticipated.  Here's hoping that 2018 will be bigger and brighter and happier and healthier!

Our house has been de-Christmasfied, undecorated, and nearly returned to normal.  It hardly looks like any other day around here today.  Other than the fuzzy blankets on the couch to indicate that the cold weather is upon us, the living room looks like it did a few months ago.  A good cleaning now and it will be as good as new.

Unfortunately, the de-holidaying that has occurred signals the end of my final vacation of 2017 and means that I must return to work tomorrow morning.  Oh to win a super large lottery and only have to work when and where I wanted to.....These people who complain of boredom in their retirement - I don't get it.  I have loads of things to keep me occupied from now until retirement and beyond.  Good thing there are long lives in my family as my bucket keeps getting larger in order to fit my list in it!

Glowing

Once again, this photo was taken on that glorious morning on Whitefish Island.  The sun was glowing brightly and reflecting stunningly off the water in the rapids.


Ornament

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, most of the ornaments on our tree have special moments or memories attached to them, whether it be related to where the ornament came from or who gave it to us.  I had attempted to take a photo of the Japanese paper geisha ornament I bought when I visited Tokyo back in 2002.  My trip to Japan was my first solo trip and I was proud of myself for taking it.  The ornament reminds me of that adventure but the photo was blurry and did not do it justice.  Instead, I decided to include this ornament that was put into my mailbox by a still unnamed Secret Santa.  Both the people I assumed were responsible deny it vehemently so I still sit wracking my brain but appreciating the sentiment.  Clearly someone knows me well.  If that someone is reading this, I thank you.


Dessert

I actually intended to bake these for the kids' school vendor and bake sale back in December but the request for baking didn't go out until the day before it was required and I didn't have time to make them by that point.  Instead, I baked them for the birthday of one of their swim team coaches and I can't say for sure whether Anna got one but I know their teammates enjoyed them!


A Gift

As you may have noticed in previous posts, we had a few gifts under our tree this Christmas.  You probably didn't notice that I actually had nicely wrapped gifts with coordinating paper, bows, and ribbons once all the other gifts got placed under the tree too.



Starts with F

Frigid, frostbite, frost, frustration, foolish....so many choices and I have photos for all of them!

This first photo is Riya in a position Sharon knows all too well.  Apparently she doesn't like her pj's any more than she likes her harness so in a frustrating and foolish fight, she lays down until you drag her into submission or take off the offending item.


This was a photo I took from my parents' deck of the frosty trees on a frigid afternoon, just before the frostbite settled in.

I also rather liked the frosty look of the Queen Anne's lace at Whitefish Island on that same frigid, frosty morning of so many of the other photos...This was just prior to Riya jumping, knocking my camera out of my hand and into the deep snow.  Lucky for her I was able to retrieve it quickly and it still seems to be working.


Smooth

Don't judge - this is a rather uninteresting and uninspired photo of my bagel with smooth peanut butter on it...


Celebrate

As mentioned earlier, we celebrated the New Year at my parents' house with family and close friends, eating appetizers, playing games, and drinking beverages.  It was casual but lots of fun.  Who knew Clue, Rummoli, and Bugger Bridge (aka Screw Your Neighbour) could get so competitive?  My husband has been working double shifts all week, early mornings at the hospital and evenings bartending at the restaurant.  Needless to say, he has been tired.  As we had attempted (and failed) to do some family bonding over bowling in the afternoon, he didn't have a chance to nap.  At one point, I glanced up from the card game I was playing and saw this and as much as I know he will kill me, I thought the opportunity to take the "Celebrate" photo was too perfect to pass up.


And that's all folks!  I did it!  I finished the blog challenge this year!  I didn't abandon Sharon!  2017 was a year of ups and downs but overall, we survived and maybe even thrived.  Here's hoping 2018 is amazing!  Wishing all the best to you and your loved ones for 2018.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment