Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 45: It's Not Unusual to Be Loved by Anyone

Slowly, slowly, I am catching up....I have all the photos now so am determined to get all 9 weeks of the blog posted by the end of the day. It might be a challenge though as we also have to undecorate from the holidays, I have to make a shopping list as I have been avoiding the grocery store but we are down to clementines and water, I have to prepare to go back to work tomorrow (boohoo), plus we have been invited out to lunch and were hoping to take the kids swimming this afternoon.  I best stop the chitchat and get to the photos!

Unusual

I may have actually taken this photo in the appropriate week.  Following the kids' first swim meet, we all went out for dinner.  I looked out the window of the restaurant and saw this.  To me, it is rather unusual.



Starts with U

I must give credit to Sharon for this idea.  I was lamenting how we had the word 'unusual' and 'starts with u' in the same week and thought of just using the same idea for both when she pointed out that Danica has recently started ukulele lessons.  Guess what begins with 'u' - ukulele!


Remembrance

Given that this topic fell over the week of Remembrance Day, I am pretty sure that is what Sharon had in mind when she assigned this subject.  Since Remembrance Day is long gone, however, I decided to use something that brings back memories every year - our Christmas Tree.  We have discussed going with a colour theme and buying coordinating ornaments and the like but we have not yet taken the plunge.  Instead, we decorate our tree with ornaments collected during our travels or given to us from others who have travelled far and wide.  Most of the baubles on our tree have some sort of memory attached for one of us.


Tombstone

I am not going to lie, I didn't even take this photo.  I thought I would take it outside the box (or maybe inside the box) and take a photo of a Tombstone pizza but truth be told, I don't know where to find one.  I had mentioned to my mom last night that this was one of my remaining topics and she told me she would send me a photo and gave me permission to use it.  It is apparently my dad's grandparents and my parents found it last summer while on a roadtrip.



Sunrise

So I had a rather pathetic photo for this, snapped one day in the hospital parking lot on my way to work.  This morning, however, I decided that Riya and I were to brave the bitter cold again in order to capture a photo of the sunrise.  I will admit that this was not what I envisioned, but I liked how the sun reflected off the snow.



Uniform

This is my kids in their competition swim suits before their first swim meet.  I figured that could count as a uniform.  After all, it was Sharon's suggestion and she's the boss.


Wildcard

This was more the sunrise I imagined and I did like the coloured sky with the misty fog on the river too so thought I would include it as well.



And there is another week....7 more to go!  I have to take a little break and undecorate the tree though.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment