Monday 1 January 2018

Pam's Week 50: If We Took a Holiday, Took Some Time to Celebrate

We are getting so close to the end now.....Really, this post is just a smidge late at this point.  If it was a school assignment, it might be docked 10% but that would be all.  If I was only 3 weeks late (technically 2 as I didn't have to post last week's blog before last night or today) back when I started falling behind, everyone would just think I'd been busy or distracted.  At that point, no one would have thought perhaps I abandoned my dear friend.  So fast forward 6 weeks, and we are back to this point again!

Prepare

I feel like I perhaps used the photo I had considered for this topic for another topic.  Oh well.  Instead, I present a picture of our table, prepared for Christmas morning breakfast.


Candy Cane

As previously mentioned in another blog post, our Elf came back again this December.  He and Holly thought it would be fun for the kids to grow candy canes.



Sparkly

One morning this past week, I texted Sharon and asked if she was brave enough to catch frostbite with me at Whitefish Island. I truly thought I was going to lose some of the fingers on my right hand for a bit but I ended up quite pleased with how this picture turned out so maybe it was worth it.


0 (zero)

I may or may not have taken a picture of the letter "O" instead of a zero by mistake....who can really tell them apart though anyways?


Red and Green

I tried taking photos of our stockings as most of them are red and green but it just wasn't working how I envisioned (I'm sure that is shocking to most of you).  Then I saw the lovely poinsettia that one of my friends/colleagues gave me for Christmas and decided to play with my little phone macro lens again.  One of these days I will figure out how to use it...


Holiday Tradition

We have a couple of holiday traditions.  One of them is to go to church as a family on Christmas Eve and watch my children in the pageant.  The pageant this year was told from the animals' point of view so Danica was a sheep and Duncan was a camel.


Another tradition is for the kids to open up one gift before bed and that gift is always a pair of Christmas Eve pajamas.  I carefully wrapped them all and set them all together under the tree so that come Christmas Eve, I would know which ones they were to open.  Fast forward a couple of weeks, a few gift rearrangements and a puppy who decided to eat some of the gift tags, and we ended up opening 2 pairs of pj's and a trip to New York (not at all intended to be worn to bed and not for the disappointed boy who opened the gift to learn it wasn't for him).  Luckily we found Duncan's pj's the next morning during our unwrapping.  In this pic, he is still pj-less.


Wildcard

This was another one I liked from that beautifully sunny but painfully (literally) cold morning on Whitefish Island - the frosty trees against the clear blue sky were gorgeous.



We are heading into the home stretch now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment