Saturday 15 April 2017

Donna's Week 14 - Enjoy!





Complimentary Colours

I picked this photo, from Yellowstone Park, for this topic way back in January.  I love the blue of the water, the hot spring and the shade on the salt crusted landscape (that is not snow!).  It provides the cool background to the warm yellow compliment of the days remaining sunlight highlighting the female elk and her little patch of grass.





Utensils

Ok, so this one is a really big stretch.  I have never eaten with a broom, nor would I suggest it to others, but for some reason my mind connects brooms with utensils.  I guess because you can find both in my kitchen, yeah that's it, enough said.





In the sky

This first one was taken in Courtenay BC at the marina shortly after sunrise.



And believe it or not, this is the same eagle flying away towards the mountains on the other side of the harbour.





Communication

There are lots of California Sea Lions that hang out on floating docks just off Pier 39 on the waterfront in San Francisco.  No one really knows why they hang out there, but they seem to always be there.  In the picture below, one of the sea lions definitely has something to communicate, but it doesn't appear that any of the other sea lions really cared. She must be the mom and the others are her teenager's!!!





Starts with "S"  Stairs

I always wondered where all of those movies where everyone runs down the fire escapes were shot, now I know, San Francisco.  These buildings with balconies and stair cases were everywhere.  They came in all different shapes and colours and were associated with old Victorian buildings, mid century "art deco" buildings and modern buildings.   I really like this shot.




3 of something

I guess I could have used the stair picture above for this one, but I also had the two pictures below, I wanted to share.  Nothing in San Francisco is square because every building is perched on top of a steep slope.  That and the fact that I took most of the pictures from the top of an open bus, made all of the angles in most of the pictures very stark and fun to work with.




 On to week 15 and then I am all caught up.

















2 comments:

  1. What a great week! My favourites are the elk, sea lions and the woman walking down hill. Sounds like you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elk and sea lions as well and think the 3 windows are pretty cool too. The woman walking down hill makes me chuckle as well.

    ReplyDelete