Saturday 1 April 2017

Pam's Week 13: Open Up My Eager Eyes....

Can anyone finish it?  Anyone?  If you sang, "I'm Mr. Brightside", you win!  There is really no prize, mind you.  I may become ever slightly more fond of you if I learned that you were able to recall old song lyrics from the depths of your brain.  You see, song lyrics are one of the only things I can recall some days.  It's a skill, or so I think, but admittedly, it hasn't gotten me far.  I can recall lyrics from a variety of decades and genres.  Does anyone need to know the lyrics to Bust a Move?  Just give me a call.  How about Boot-Scootin' Boogie or anything by Bon Jovi?  I'm your girl.  I will have to admit, however, that I let my team down when we played "80's Name That Tune" and I was unable to recognize the song and sure didn't know the name of the band that would have won us the game.  Does anyone remember Wa-wa-nee?  Our opponents won with "Funkytown".  I'm still bitter.

Anyways, the reason that song popped into my head this week is that one of our topics was "bright" and this week was chock full of bright sunlight!  It was heavenly!  Embarrassingly, though, I dragged Sharon out with me tonight as I'd only taken 2 pictures all week and didn't even know if I was going to use the first ones.  It was a lovely evening though.  We headed to Pointe Des Chenes for a change of scenery and ended up seeing 2 deer (one from afar and one right next to a puddle in the ditch on the side of the road that I still regret not stopping to photograph).  I thought it was also impressive that we were able to visit the beach in April!  Okay, maybe it doesn't count when there is still lots of snow and ice floes mixed in with the sand and open water but I was actually hot at one point!

Monochromatic

So, I had an idea for this photo - I was going to have my husband make me a mojito (which I would have had to force myself to drink in the name of art), garnish it with lime and photograph it against our green placemats.  Then when I googled "monochromatic photos" it appeared as though I misunderstood the topic and should be looking more for something I could then process (or pretend to process) afterwards to a black and white or sepia tone.  Thus, I abandoned my original idea and ventured out this evening.  Tonight I googled again and found ideas more similar to my original so was a little bummed but it's too late now.


I took this picture of Danica and Riya this afternoon.  The backlight washed them out too much in the original colour but I sort of liked the sepia effect.


This was the beach tonight at Pointe Des Chenes.  Once again, the sepia effect was the one I preferred.  I liked the contrast of the sand and the snow, ice, and open water.

Bright

This was the first picture I took this week.  On Tuesday night, after dropping Danica off at Brownies, I ventured to Bellevue Park, actually hoping to find a "B" but settling for the bright sun setting over the bridge.


This was a photo of tonight's sunset at Pointe Des Chenes.  I am so in love with the bright sun.  I am so excited about the promise it brings of longer days, warmer weather, green grass, flowers....


2

This one was rather elusive.  I considered cheating and just taking a picture of my house number as there is a 2 in it.  Luckily, on our adventure tonight, Sharon noticed this "2" on the side of the trailer.


Tattoo

Sharon actually wanted to take this topic out this week and change it to something else.  It was the only one I had an idea for at the beginning of the week!


Danica got these "tattoodles" in her stocking for Christmas and they hadn't been opened yet.  You put the tattoo on and then get to colour it in with the included pens.  She was excited about this cupcake.  Unfortunately, Riya kept jumping to try to steal her pen, hence the blue lines outside the icing.

Comfortable

Admittedly, I didn't take a picture for this topic this week.  I had no genius ideas and then my camera battery died tonight while we were out so I was unable to take a  last minute for the sake of taking it photo.  This was one taken from the archives...


This is Riya looking comfortable on the new bed she got for Christmas.  Unfortunately, she has since pulled all the stuffing out of it so she just has the shell on the bottom of her crate - not quite as comfortable, I would think.

B

These photos took some rotating but thanks to Sharon's brilliance, yet again, I had two photos to choose from and was kind of impressed by the creativity behind both so couldn't choose just one.



Wildcard

Unfortunately, the colours of this picture aren't quite as stunning as they were through my polarized sunglasses but if you can just picture the tips of the tree being a bright red in contrast to the white bark, the sand, the blue water, and the white ice floes, you might have an idea just how beautiful it really was.



And that's it for this week, folks.  Looking ahead to next week, the forecast looks gloomier (I see clouds, rain, and a snowflake?!) and the topics may be equally challenging....  I guess April showers bring May flowers though, right?  Fingers crossed...

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those last minute scrambles! I laughed reading parts of your post...I made the same comments and people must think we spend all of our time together. The B from the gazebo frame turned out perfectly! Love the sunsets and Danica with Riya. Wonderful ideas, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Danica and Riya, the sepia and the back light is amazing. The B's are pretty impressive as well. Pam, we are seriously going to have to share our playlists the next time I am in the Sault. I love all of your songs!

    ReplyDelete