Saturday 1 April 2017

Sharon's Week 13: Carpe Diem

Another week is over.  I don't know if it is an age thing but I am finding that time is passing so quickly these days...hours fly by during the day, weeks in this project come and go so quickly, the seasons run into each other without me noticing and even the years seem to be speeding past at an alarming rate.  For heaven's sake, I have been working for 27 years now!  The other night I had dinner with two friends and as we tried to figure out the last time we got together like that, we realized it had been three years.  Really?!?  Three years?  We had so much to catch up on.

Anyway, that brings me to my title tonight.  Carpe diem.  Seize the day.  I was thinking about that a lot  this week as I worked through the photographs.  On Tuesday evening, it was great weather and it looked like there would be a beautiful sunset.  I told myself I should head out and get started with some photos but sadly, I did not seize the day.  What might I have found if I headed out?  I thought about that several times that evening (and since) but I'll never know.  Wednesday when I popped home quickly at lunch time, as I came in the door, the cats were all lazing comfortably in their favourite spots.  "Comfortable" was one of this week's topics so I carefully tiptoed over to the camera, trying not to disturb anyone.  I managed to get Bella but the other two had moved by then.  I need to do this more often - take advantage rather than think about doing it later.  Even though I have been thinking about that all week, I blew it tonight.  Pam and I were driving home from a lovely walk at Pointe Des Chenes and there was a beautiful deer right at the side of the road and she was reflected in the water in the ditch beside her.  Pam offered to stop so I could photograph her but I said no.  What the heck?

I will work on that.

To the photos...

monochromatic
For this I was thinking I would photograph something then convert it to black and white or go the the Bulk Barn and get some candy but I found this instead at Whitefish Island yesterday.

bright
I can't decide between these two photos so I am including both.
This was taken from the parking lot at Whitefish Island.  What caught my attention was how bright the sun was despite it being behind the clouds.

This photo is the wall behind our aquarium.  When the sun hits a certain spot we get a prism effect for about five minutes.  

2
This is some work I did with a little girl that I know.  The poor little peanut has so much trouble planning her movements and learning new skills is a long process.  After tracing the big 2 with all of my markers, she attempted to make her own.  You can see the unsuccessful results of that - the purple scribble to the left and the blue one to the right are supposed to be 2s.

tattoo
I will fess up...I tried to change this to something else.  I emailed Pam, Donna and Maxine (who we are still hoping will get back to us) that this topic was maybe a bit unrealistic at this time of year and that we should change it to something else.  The replies I got suggested that perhaps I should try harder (that's not what they actually said but that's what I took from them).  So here is my tattoo.  This was really labour intensive...setting up the camera on the floor, manually focusing on a cat toy, setting the timer and moving to stand where the cat toy was, checking the photo and doing it again and again until I got something I liked.

comfortable
Here is a comfy Bella in Levi's comfy blankets.

B
I'm not happy with this but here you go.  The two bumps on the American side of the bridge look more like a B when they are lying down in bridge form.  It's much harder to see when I rotate the photo like this.

wild card
Oh, I love my early morning drives to Elliot Lake.  I carpe diem-ed that day!

And here's a bonus.  Riya doesn't like to pose for me but if I am quick, sometimes I can get lucky.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love the stunning sunrise en route to Elliot Lake - way to carpe diem! I am also partial to the picture of Riya. She looks like she was well behaved all night in that picture. It's sort of monochromatic too, except for the purple leash and blue sky... Great week!

    ReplyDelete