Monday 17 April 2017

Pam's Week 15: Look at the Stars, Look How They Shine for You....

And everything you do, Yeah they were all Yellow....Of course, the other lyric floating around in my head that seemed fitting with one of this week's topics was "Looking back on the memory of the dance we shared 'neath the stars above".  It was a tough choice - Coldplay vs. Garth Brooks but Coldplay won out.  My apologies to all my country loving friends and family.

I actually felt like this week's topics weren't too crazy or challenging.  I know Sharon struggled with "E" and apparently found my ability to rhyme off "e" words rather exasperating, as she already blogged about, but given that it was Easter this past weekend and eggs were excessive this week, I didn't find it that difficult to find something beginning with "e".  I also figured since she had a cat named "Eclipse" it would have been an easier topic for her.  (I'm just trying to enrage her now with all my extra "e" words - heehee).

Anyways, on with the show....

Homemade

There were so many options for this photo this week - mini egg cookies, a delightful asparagus, prosciutto and goat cheese frittata, a luscious lemon lovers trifle, and some mini egg cheesecakes.  I might just want to preface this photo, though, by saying that food photography is not my forte and the bad composition and colouring limited my actual choices greatly.


The frittata was amazingly tasty and so easy to make!  I couldn't believe I hadn't made one before.

Looking Back

That Garth Brooks song is still popping into my head.  Maybe I should have gone with that as the title...  Anyways, I found this little guy looking back at Riya and I the other day during our walk at Whitefish Island.  I guess he wanted to know how close we were and when he should scurry along.  I thought it was incredibly kind of him to sit there long enough and still enough for me to capture his photo.



M

I found this "M" while walking at Bellevue Park with Sharon last week.  See, not all of our destinations include Whitefish Island...



Bubbles

I have to thank my good friend, Google, for the inspiration for this photo yet again but I had to discover my own amateur way to recreate it as setting up an aquarium with some wood and duct tape contraption and alka seltzer tabs just seemed way too complicated when scotch tape, a martini glass, and some sprite would do the same thing.


And yes, I do realize that my blue, green, and purple crayons got mixed up during my taping job.  Duncan very kindly pointed it out to me but I didn't bother changing it.  I was happy to put the crayons I'd purchased for a previous photo to good use again though!

Yellow

This was the first photo I took for this week's assignment.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look as yellow as it did in person.  I suppose the grey sky and dreary weather didn't help.  Any guesses as to where this was taken?



Starts with E

Okay, maybe going with the Easter Egg theme wasn't particularly creative, but I figure if it works....  Here are those mini egg cheesecakes I made for our Good Friday dinner.  I actually have some extra filling so was thinking of maybe making them again for our games night this weekend if Sharon and Maxine don't object...



Wildcard

I have a couple of options here.  One was taken at, you guessed it, Whitefish Island as Sharon and I were walking across the locks to exit the island at sunset.



My second one I wasn't going to post as Sharon has posted almost the same photo but I was kind of proud of how it turned out so decided to go ahead and do it anyway.  After all, I am competing with no one but myself in this blog.



Am I the only one who never realized that pussy willows get those little green flowers on them?  I'd never seen them before.

But that is it for this week, folks.  I will try not to be late with  next week's post even though the topics look a little more challenging....  Have a great sunshiney week!

4 comments:

  1. Oops, I got my pussy willow photos mixed up - I meant to use the one from the first tree so I wouldn't use this one that you found. Sorry! I am all for the cheesecakes for Friday night. Love the bridge at sunset. The crayons are cool and that frittata looks yummy (although I know I wouldn't like it because of the goat cheese and proscuitto - it can also look like normal cheese and bacon which would be yummy!). The M turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying not to include it because of the goat cheese and prosciutto but I didn't like the colouring of the cookie pics so too bad.

      Delete
    2. And I'm kind of impressed that I think my pussy willow shot would look very similar to yours if I'd thought to crop it!

      Delete
  2. Hey chick... love your sunset wildcard! and that squirrel is a cutey... i miss my Singapore apartment with all the squirrels.
    I love and live on fritatas!

    ReplyDelete