Sunday 9 April 2017

Pam's Week 14: Long, Long Distance Love Affair....

Uh oh....I can't find you anywhere...uh oh...I call you on the telephone, but you're never home....

And on and on the song goes.  It's a song I haven't heard or even thought of in ages, but this afternoon as I used a hammer, nail, and some string to create a prop for one of this week's photos, it's the song that popped into my head.  For those of you who don't recognize it, it's 'Telephone' by Sheena Easton.  I can't remember how old I was (Grade 6 or 7 maybe?) and my friend, Terri, bought me a couple of cassette tapes for my birthday - Pat Benatar and Sheena Easton.  'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' and 'Telephone' got lots of rewinds that year!

This ended up being another week where I texted Sharon on Friday night to tell her I hadn't yet taken a single photo.  She tried to shame me and I think she called me lame but I have tough skin.  I persevered.  That night when I started taking photos, I became thankful that I hadn't been taking them all week as I discovered that my camera doesn't tell you when you're missing a memory card unless you try to play back the pictures you took.  Yup - I had left my memory card in my computer and would have been taking photos all week for naught.  See, Mom, sometimes it pays to procrastinate!

Now, some of you may think I've cheated but I prefer to call it creative efficiency...I intentionally combined 3 topics into one photo and then after reading Sharon's blog, realized that the photo also fit into a 4th topic!  How's that for luck?

Complementary Colours
In the Sky
3 of Something
Starts with S

Here are 3 orange balloons flying in the brilliant blue sky (orange and blue are complementary colours).  It just so happens they are also stars, which begins with S!  A side note, the first song title that occurred to me for this blog was '99 Luft Ballons', another 80's smash, but since those balloons were red and mine were orange, it got vetoed.


Of course the balloons had a mind of their own and didn't all fly the direction I wanted them to, in spite of our best efforts.

Utensil

This is a set of salad tongs that a former colleague gave me when she left the hospital.


Communication

Now you will understand why the song 'Telephone' popped into my head this afternoon.  Who remembers making and playing with these?  My kids thought it was amazing and wanted to keep it to show their friends.  It has since made it's way into the recycling bin (ssshhhh - don't tell them).



Wildcard

In spite of the fact that I was out much later than usual for the Barbershop show and party afterwards, I woke up super early as usual.  (These aging bladders really suck).  Most Sundays, I try to go back to sleep but today I decided that I wanted to head to Whitefish Island with Riya for a walk as it was looking rather nice but they're calling for rain later today.  Thus, we ventured to the island at 7 a.m. and were able to catch a bit of the sunrise.  What a peaceful place at the crack of dawn - birds chirping, squirrels and chipmunks playing, but no one else to be found.  It was lovely.  I was actually surprised to pull into the parking lot and not see Sharon's car as I half-expected to run into her there.  This is the Bondar Pavilion.



For some reason, I also really liked this photo.  The colours are drab and the low water line is uncovering some ugliness, I know, but the reflection of the bridge somehow made the whole picture pretty to me.


I took some other photos that could also fit into the wildcard topic later this morning when we headed to Bellevue Park for a walk with Sharon, but those will have to wait until next week now!  Believe it or not, I have actually already taken a couple of photos for this upcoming week!  I was rather shocked myself.

Have a great week!  I'm so happy it's a short one!

1 comment:

  1. The colour in the balloons and sky photo is stunning. And the creativity! I really like the geese in the foreground of the Bondar Pavillion photo. Does the sound really travel through the string? I can't remember that far back ;)

    ReplyDelete